Volume issue when listening through headphones when cueing song

Hello,

When I’m playing music with my Prime 4 for about 10-15 minutes or so, I cannot hear the cued sound properly which should be coming to my headphones. The audio sounds like it is “ducking” and volume goes from high to low.

I have tried to cue different songs on all my channels, pressed down split and I have even reset the hardware but there is still this “ducking” of volume when I try to listen to the cued song through my headphones. I bought this device almost 1 year ago so there should still be warranty left of the product. I will still test with different headphones, but they are also quite new so I do not expect it to be an issue with those. Any thoughts?

Try different headphones and also the alternative headphone port before anything else.

1 Like

Especially if the headphones are wireless or “processed” in any way eg: a DSP offering different EQ settings or a hearing protection” mode.

I use Sennheiser HD25 for DJing. so they do not offer any other mods. I also tried with my studio monitors, Beyer Dynamic DT 770 PRO, and besides experiencing the more detailed sound coming from them I noticed similar problem when cuing the track, the cue volume is jumping or “ducking”.

I noticed a new version 3.4 was released today so I will try with the new update and see if that resolves the issue.

Have you tried the 3.5mm headphone port too? to eliminate that from the investigation.

This happens when the trim is low or the EQ is engaged. Open them up and re-test.