Voice tone pitch knobs request

What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Two voice tone pitch control knobs. Have a look at provided screenshot of discdj. Above left and right jog, next to pitch bend buttons,left and right, there are knobs named pitch. It either pitches up or down tone of voice without affecting bpm tempo.

Is this feature for OS, Desktop software, or both?

OS and underlying hardware. Perhaps it can be achieved by adding programming routines to existing knobs and it can be accessed by pressing shift button.

How will this feature help you and others?

It saves me time going to buggy software to pitch it up or down at faster or lower bpm and then record it, tag recorded sample or track then add it to prepare list on console which does not add tracks from ssd source that has not been renamed by desktop engine software

Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Discdj (later versions) has a knob named Pitch and it exists to pitch up or down voice without affecting bpm tempo. Screenshot is provided

Does a workaround currently exist?

Not sure. You tell me

My eyes hurt just looking at the screenshot of that discdj thingy…

Anyway, you will want to read the manual to your denon hardware and check this video from 2:00 onward if you want to know how to change your key/pitch without adjusting the tempo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YqS6-v3pZro

4 Likes

Oh wow. I know people tend to overuse the phrase “it looks like a toy” to criticize something, but in this instance I think it’s justified.

1 Like

Thank you. That works out

I lost interest at that point