VL12 Tonearm Base Material

Hey, new here. Thinking about buying the VL12, but had a question I can’t seem to get an answer to.

Is the tonearm base made of metal, or plastic?

I’ve seen a few reviewers mention it being plastic, but Denon seem to be listing it as being an “all metal tonearm base”.

If anyone can help, I’d be very thankful. Cheers.

I believe it is metal, however if you’re going to invest in a product from our Prime Series I would recommend visiting your local retailer to get a feel for the product before purchasing :slight_smile:

Great question ! can people confirm?

Hi @narcoleptic-haze,

Great to hear you’re considering the VL12, it’s a solid turntable with great features for todays DJ!

The base of the tonearm consists of mostly metal materials, the only plastic part is the black housing cover. All other moving parts of the base and tonearm are metal.

Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m sure it doesn’t really make a difference in the end but it does kinda go against the marketing material. This is directly from the product page on the Denon DJ website:

• Rugged all-metal tone arm base and high-quality brushed metal controls

Hi @narcoleptic-haze,

I agree while the base is mostly comprised of metal materials the bullet is not 100% accurate. I’ll work with the team to have this corrected.

Thanks for your feedback!