USING 2x USB ports on X1850 for DVS and recording out at the same time?

Looking at the simplest and cheapest way of recording mixes.

Currently I’m running Traktor DVS through USB 1 on my x1850 and recording with audactiy on the same laptop. Due to my low latency, I get pops, dropouts etc. in the recording.

I’m looking at getting a USB-B to lightning cable (see below) to record from USB 2 on the mixer to my iphone 12 mini. Any reason why this wouldn’t work? I will be using USB 1 to link to my laptop to play Traktor while using USB 2 to record.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Controller-Electronic-Instrument-Microphone/dp/B08K8R922F/ref=sr_1_2?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.7obt5u7akavBSqlZTEJJ43tz6Ti6Y8mZ3WgFsewkjE7OvZY9chLKDb8XXPKqe6lERG6X4gAt8CzL0U2aMVo_1DLDDfukJ3sC6W1tb6d2sDpnfMG0I-stm78y6tVogMbujyeRraUWdgNI1cS5l3pHkybg2e7n9E7082QdzrPUTL7FdSpFRuvEjd2TS7qkF0kC8h0sRc3urpKptOIU5LYdqq4uIou9IvX_YT3U5aBp1ETv5zg5eaLkA6V9YT9tTMtHfMt3vNrYg-0J7WjqTKmPpQ2jz6OD4APDl7iBMqZoE-Q.QGU9eDURsSfaCGEb6jQD_VUR7bZJnFp4SXpDPPqwDtY&dib_tag=se&keywords=usb%2Bb%2Bto%2Blightning%2Bcable&sr=8-2&th=1

You can record in Traktor, no reason to complicate things with Audacity and that is also the cause of pops and crackles in the recording (PC trying to divide audio processing between two apps with same priority).

On Traktor input recording settings, select to record deck D input (or whatever deck is not used, then set the ch to 9/10 usb which is master from mixer)

Then on the mix recorder setting page you select External recording (because you are basically recording master output of the mixer, not traktor) and the deck you have selected in the previous step.

2 Likes

Awesome, that would be the ideal solution and not add in extra crap. I didnt think about the mix recorder being used for external mixing. Thanks

Let us know how it goes because while recording will add to the CPU strain when using traktor, it should be less that using a separate app.

If you still get pops and crackles then it’s either swithing to standalone recorder time or increasing latency.

Turn up the latency setting - that’s why they give everyone the option to adjust it