USB not showing in DRIVES or SYNC MANAGER

Hi, new to Engine DJ (coming from Serato & DDJ-SX2) and having issues with my USB showing in the software.

I’m using an M1 Macbook Pro 13" 2020 running macOS Monterey 12.5. My Engine DJ is the latest version, 2.2.2.

My USB is formatted as ExFAT and connected to my Macbook using a non-powered generic USB-C to USB 3.0 hub (Mavinex).

The USB is visible and acessible in Finder. In Engine, under FILES > VOLUMES, I can see the USB, but when I go into SYNC MANAGER all playlist options on the left column are greyed out and on the right, it says INSERT USB DRIVE.

Can anyone provide any insight as to what might be causing the issue? I suspect it might be something to do with the USB hub as when I plug the USB directly into an older Macbook (2015) with Engine running, it works exactly as I would expect it to.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Did you give Engine DJ permissions for external drives ?

2 Likes

No, I saw a similar forum post where you’ve suggested this to another user, and I’ve searched in Engine DJ and within my Mac settings for permissions but can’t find any option to allow this. In Finder under GET INFO for the USB drive, the options for SHARING & PERMISSIONS aren’t visible and it says YOU HAVE CUSTOM ACCESS, which I believe is because the drive is formatted as ExFAT.

On the other post, the user said they’d managed to resolve this issue but didn’t say how so I’ve messaged them, and hopefully, they can shed some light on it.

I have managed to find the solution!!!

APPLE > SYSTEM PREFERENCES > SECURITY & PRIVACY > PRIVACY tab

Click the padlock to allow changes. There are two options, FULL DISK ACCESS + FILES & FOLDERS. I’ve given Engine DJ full disk access (add the app with the + button). I suspect I could also use the FILES & FOLDERS option to give access to selected drives only.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.