USB drive looses connection on sc6000 players

My thumb drive loses connectivity randomly. It is a SanDisk high performing thumb drive and should not have any issues. I’m thinking it’s because it’s not 2.0 device?

After reading the details on the players, it seems the front USB port is 2.0 only.

To be clear, the drive works perfectly but then every once in a while disconnects. Of course it’s while I’m in the middle of mixing, which is annoying because the only thing you can do is shut down the player and restart. Reinserting the USB stick after it loses connection does not always work.

Anyone else having this issue?

Or is my drive just bad?

It’s a shame because it’s becoming very hard to find any drive that is 2.0, especially if you want larger capacity.

Yes of course, we experienced similar related dropouts with hangs and freezes last weekend. Devs are already involved in investigation to solve it.

@Taisoul Can you pls have a look on your USB drive in the Engine library folder if there is a subfolder named coredumps? If yes, pls contact Jake or Henry to send them all the files of your coredumps folder for further investigation.

@Jake @Henry maybe the same already reported Issue?

1 Like

On which software version are you?

1 Like

Do you happen to have an SD (or adapter & micro SD) card? You could move the data from the thumb drive onto one of those and try switching it to read-only mode.

1 Like

I’m up to date but it happens on all versions. And very random. Sometimes not at all. And some days it happens 2-3 times during a set.

I don’t think they make them with enough capacity. I need a minimum of 500 Gb. I like to have my whole collection.

I will check. I’m actually traveling now so it will be a week or so. Thanks.

You could buy an external SSD that works over USB, then plug it into the back port that i believe is USB 3.0… alternatively install a SATA SSD in the internal drive and snyc your music to it with the included USB-B cable in computer mode… i use a WD Blue internal SSD on my Prime 2 and have never had any issues with it, and its super fast performance wise.

1 Like

Seems like the only option. A bit inconvenient but whatever. Cant have it all right?

Thanks all.

I have 1tb cards in my phones. Considering you only need half that, I think you’re in a good position. My music hard drives that contain everything I’ve got, though, are 2tb.

1 Like

I dont think those large flash drives have ever been that great for DJing with, the CDJ-2000 recommended no larger than 32gb, its ok for your average house DJ who only plays one genre, as soon as you expand past that I think a laptop or proper hard drive are the best option. I used to get issues with 128gb USB drives on the Pioneers, laggy and sometimes would fail.

1 Like