"Updating" on 2nd SC6000 is slow?

I have an 1TB internal SSD on Player 1 (sc6000). It’s linked to the other via the ethernet hub on the back of the X1850 mixer.

The library on Player 1 is somewhat large. ~500GB, 36k tracks total.

I noticed that the playlist on Player 2 says “Updating” when I start it up and it takes up to 4 minutes before I can see the playlist.

Is the DB too large at this point?


can you tell us which SSD exactly you are using and how old it is?

WD Blue 1TB. Something around 1.5 years old.

My mistake. I thought 1.5y. It’s actually 2 years. SMART diagnosis on the drive is OK.

I had the same problem with a Samsung SSD from the first generation. I mean to have read that it should necessarily be a SSD of the newer generations! That seems to be given with yours…

Maybe one of the pros has some advice…

Mine does the same thing. Really taking a while now and did not use to be that way, when I first got the SC6000.

I did a little more testing. The other deck i assume has to download the entire database and copy it locally. File transfers out of the player seem to max out around 10MB/second. My full m.db file is 761MB so it takes around 1.5 minutes.

Can someone help with this topic here! On New Years Gig, I could not play with my SC6000. The one deck with the SSD 1TB would update fine in about 2 min. I started both decks an hour before playing. I made sure the second deck would also do the « updating » of my playlists and after 4 minutes it would see the tracks.

When I started playing live, the « updating » came back and would not load the tracks in time for mixing. I used the second layer of the first deck… and then then both deck froze.

I rebooted one not playing and then it did the « updating » again. I changed the LAN cables going to X1650 and same thing.

Tried a third time… and again… I had to forfeit my set to the following DJ with pioneer 3000. Goodness that felt shitty.

I tried again the next day and the same thing happened.

Any suggestions?

I sent this problem in to a technician 9 days ago (as I just updated to 2.4 due to a slew of other problems on every other firmware version), and they are aware of the issue. However, they’ve since gone radio silent, closed my ticket AS RESOLVED (WHICH IT IS NOT), and not responded.

Here are a couple responses for those of us who also experience it -

Denon should reconsider advertising their equipment for professionals. I DJ full-time and have lost track of how many issues my SC5000’s + x1800/x1850 have had. It’s not slighting them at all, it’s all facts that I’ve proven with video evidence. Their entire Prime series was released prematurely. I also think they switched their manufacturing from Japan to Taiwan, and since their issues have been outstanding…just look at all the problems people have on the home page.


Ofc they are, otherwise it would be 500 $ more expensive. No one can afford to assemble in Japan anymore, only high end components are made there (like Alps Potis, breaking edge OLED screens etc.) Be glas it’s Taiwan and not China.