Updated prime 2 to 3.4

I dont see any new bluetooth option after updating to 3.4 on my prime 2. I updated via firmware mode and usb wire.

Somebody didn’t read the release notes…

2 Likes

Prime 2 not supported. How come prime go is.

Different hardware inside perhaps?

1 Like

From all we know that is not the case all got the Rockchip RK3288 inside and all got a bluetooth modul onboard. At least SC5000, Prime 2/4 and SC6000 all got the same one I don’t know if anyone ever checked an Go if it’s the same thought

These are quotes taken from the Instagram page in relation to the hardware.

“Understandable question. We found that the SC5000’s earlier bluetooth chip didn’t work as well and couldn’t provide a consistent quality experience, so it was not included in the update. Thanks!”

about the P4

“The Prime 4’s earlier bluetooth chip didn’t work very well and since It didn’t provide a consistent quality experience, it was not included.”

It’s fairly obvious that whatever hardware is inside the first gen models is different to the others, and that means it wasn’t able to be released due to some issues when it was tested. We can only assume the Prime Go had different hardware installed, which again might be plainly obvious given its size, its highly likely it needed a more compact wifi chip installed, which is running a newer BT protocol that is more stable.

It’s likely that the Bluetooth/WiFi module is a mass produced board bought in by Denon, and over time the company making it have updated it, or simply used newer parts as they became available, meaning the newer boards work better than the old ones.