Update 2.4.0 on Windows 7 doesn't work

After. Having issues with update v2.4.0. After update message showing entry point not found. Uninstalled old program and started again. Same issue again. 1 have a prime 2. Also tryed to repair download with no success. Any help would be grateful :pray: :+1:.

You should put more information, photos, videos, exact data on the error, etcā€¦ think that there are many of us who do not have errors with 2.4, and all the information you provide could help advise you.

Was working fine till i tryed the update.

This is all i am getting now every time. I have unistalled and re installed many times

Someone maybe able to chip in here but there could be an update to a Microsoft component thatā€™s needed.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen this on the forum somewhere. Hopefully someone will be along soon wi th a solution.

Screenshots look like Windows7, so thatā€™s that.

Upgrade to Windows10 or higher.

Normally when i get errors like this I google it. 9 of 10 times i find a solution to fix the problem.

ā€œSetThreadDescription could not be located kernel32.dllā€ leads me to

Here you find several possible solutions. Personally i would start with #4 and #3 way 1

Good luck

1 Like

It still baffles me just how many people still donā€™t do this, and not just here I mean in life generally.

Not everybody has the education, knowledge or the experience.

If you donā€™t know itā€™s possible you will not go for it.

1 Like

One could try every solution found by Googling, but Windows 7 simply isnā€™t supported.

1 Like

I work for a large company and our company portal has an IT get help page, I work in system support for a certain application and I basically spend most of my day answering peoples ā€˜ITā€™ queries that are actually nothing to do with my role and can easily be resolved by searching the get help pageā€¦. So this hits close to home for me:)

And much more seriously Reese, W7 is potentially open to fatal security risksā€¦. Not somewhere Iā€™d want my music collection to be sitting.

Yep, Iā€™m in IT myself. This OS is hitting 14 years now, soā€¦

1 Like

They turned it off at Christmas in our company and loads of people who hadnā€™t bothered updating their computers were caught out. Theyā€™ve only been getting warned for 2yrs about itā€¦. Of course itā€™s anyoneā€™s fault but theirs. Kind of sounds like your average tech forum, oh wait :thinking:

It may also be that your Windows 7 OS is 32-bit and not 64! (The 32bits has been abandoned for 2/3 years, something like that!) But anyway Win 7 has been abandoned for several years now!

1 Like

Iā€™ve tweaked the title to help people better search for this particular problem in the future. #SEO

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.