Upcoming gear

Anyone speculating on any new hardware releases to complement the recent and upcoming OS features?

I would love to see a next gen X1850, or see Denon make a battle mixer again.

Rane compatability would be sweet for next gen rane gear. Kinda like numark.

1 Like

no one knows. The mixer is probably the weakest and most neglected product of the whole Denon Line and maybe gets the next update. SC6000 are still on point at this time. Since the Prime 4+ has also the design of the sc6000 i dont think they will replaced it the next months. Maybe some more prime+ stuff for the amazon chip. Still would say the Mixer is the next thing.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the MOOG PRIME GO with analogue filters, hand soldered class A rotary mixer section, and polished bamboo side panels.

1 Like

With the noise effect being actual analogue :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t tell anyone but I’ve heard they will release a toaster. But with a BIG handle, for us pro dj’s.

5 Likes

I have an alpha model of the toaster. It also automatically removes the crust.

2 Likes

Oh, nice! Must be the ST6000GOURMET. Does it feature dual-layer toasting?

1 Like

I call BS. We all know PIO is the industry standard toaster.

It sure is. You got one too?

I think you’re confusing Pioneer with The Pioneer Woman.

Nope. I’m still saving for the BENEDICT2+ all-in-one breakfast device. It has those super nice poach efeggs, hollandaise streaming, and ham slicer pads.

Here’s a leaked image btw:

4 Likes

Can I plug my guitar into it?

:crazy_face:

The result will shock you!

My wishlist / ideas:

• 4ch flagship mixer → X1900. Add some killer features and hi-end DSP, to make it a worthy competitor of the A9 / X96 / Model1 for around $1600-1800. Keep the X1850 as a cheaper alternative in the portfolio.
  • 2ch compact mixer → X700. As successor of the X600 which had a lot of goodies compared to the DJM-400 and even DJM-450 (like Booth). With switchable channels, you could still make use of dual-layer decks, and/or add a powerful 3rd Aux channel.
  • 4ch flagship AiO → Prime 7/8 (or whatever). With club-style and more compact mixer layout, bigger 7" jogs with tension adjust, replace grid edit with stems control buttons, better internal signal routing to enable all EFX for the Mics and ext. sources, DVS, DMX output, no reboot when switching between standalone and computer mode, better CPU/RAM.

That’s all. The mid and lower tier segments are perfectly fine for now (Live 4, 2, Go, Mixstream) and the SC6000/M are still very modern, they just should be marketed and priced more aggressively to push them into more venues. Dunno about the VL12, I guess the RP7000 is more popular. As for the discontinued DS1, the Reloop Flux takes care of that.

Next to that, tighten the integration with SoundSwitch and AKAI products even further for badass hybrid setups.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a lc6000 mini.

I saw an early Rube Goldberg alpha of that in Back to the Future… or maybe the Back the the Future III version would be the early alpha.

I’d love to see at some point in the future a “Prime 4m” version of the P4. Like they did for the SC6000m that would be amazing. Tension adjustable, vinyl feel, standalone controller with state-of-the-art software and FX…

Imagine having a 4-deck setup with a “Prime 4m+” and 2 SC6000m’s that would be the ultimate 4-Deck setup imo :slight_smile:

I think DenonDJ could definitely tap into that market and it would put them in an even more unique space.

1 Like

Would it come with a free gym membership so you can train to carry it?

2 Likes

good point.

Questions is if people even want some small vynil jogwheels and if they want the full size, than your point of the weight will be even more increased :smiley:

Carried a DDJ SZ with a Magma case (never a Prime 4, but has the same weight) had around 30 kg. I am glad to have now my sc6000 and the Mixer sperated in 3 cases. Would never go back.

1 Like

I wonder how folks would feel about a belt driven motorized Engine Controller. It would be lighter…just like the Numark PT01 (2.2kg) and the new controller from Hercules T7 (5kg).

Numark Mixstream Go Scratch with user swappable crossfader for Innofaders.

That would be hella nice.

2 Likes