Unusual Power On/Off Behavior On One Of My SC5000M's

Still relatively new to the Denon Media players and one of my SC5000M’s is doing something unusual.

I have all my gear (powered speakers, mixer, media players, etc.) plugged into a power strip. This gives me a one-button operation for most of my gear.

I use that to turn on/off everything BUT the media players. My sequence is as follows when I am powering down: Press the power button on each player> Select “Yes” to power off> Wait until the players are off> Once both players are off>Click the power button on the power strip to power down everything else.

The weird behavior comes in when I go to power everything back on. I click the power button on the power strip and then on one player I then need to push the power button on the back of the unit. That is the expected behavior. However, on the other player, it ALWAYS comes on automatically once I click the power button on the power strip. Every single time.

Is there some kind of setting or something I am missing that causes one player to always power on without pressing the power button? I mean the player plays fine, I am just concerned that I may be causing some kind of damage to the player. The other player NEVER does this.

bump, anyone else experience this?