Uneven Volume Levels since 3.1.1 update on Prime Go

I haven’t seen it mentioned but has anyone started experiencing uneven volume levels between decks on the Prime GO? With all volume controls equal playing the same song (or different songs), my left deck is quieter than the right. This is a first.

I’ve not noticed it on mine.

Have you tried rolling back the firmware to a previous version to see if it’s still doing it? It could be a little gunk in the fader.

I would first try to reset the unit to factory setting before rolling back the update to older firmware.

1 Like

side point- i have lost audio twice on my x1850 since the update not sure what the cause is

1 Like

I can barely see any volume bars unless I turn up the master like crazy. I did a recording on the Prime Go after update to 3.1, and while I barely see any levels live (1 bar or so), audio levels were ok on the recording. Will have to investigate further.

Looking at the stereo recording levels seem even on both channels.

1 Like

Just tried a test on my GO with the same track recorded to the same media with a reboot in between and analysed in Audacity, Ableton and Platinum notes and although there were some very small anomalies in the waveform volume was spot on.

Also tried the above played back through headphones and all was good ducking between each channel.

Audio out via RCA or XLR from the go to my sound system showed no variance.

You don’t mention what source you are taking the volume levels from for comparison, but i guess if it’s headphones try them on something else with the same track, likewise for cables routed to your audio out to ensure there are no issues there.

Sometimes the best remedies are to start basic and take it from there, hopefully it’s just something silly.

1 Like

Upon further inspection, it’s only happening at very low volumes. When I noticed it first I was playing with the overall volume low due to someone sleeping in another part of the house. Once I bring up the volume levels on each deck equally, the sound evens out through my QSC’s.