Unable to Update, no firmware available to download

Hey everyone,

I’ve been trying to update my Denon Prime 4 from the version it came with (1.5.4) but that version cannot update automatically from the web. So I go the the downloads page as instructed by the device but there’s no firmware available to download, only the EngineDJ program for my computer.

I contacted support a few days ago but no response yet, thought I’d reach out here.

Does anyone have a copy of any version past 1.6.2 prime 4 firmware update? From what I understand I should be able to update automatically from there.

Edit: To be clear I’m trying to update the device itself, not the program running on my PC.

Edit2: I was reading Engine OS as Engine iOS this whole time… That’s embarrassing, thank you everyone.

Go to https://enginedj.com/downloads for download latest.

I am well aware of the downloads page. There is the engine DJ desktop download and the user guide on that page, no firmware that I can see?

Unless the windows EngineDJ installer can also be used on the device itself I don’t see anything on that page that will help me.

Download the OS.

So the DesktopEngine is what the mixer is asking for when it wants me to load a firmware update? I sure wish that was explained more directly in the interface!

I’ll try and mount that, thank you.

Engine Desktop is for your desktop computer. This is the library management software

Engine OS is the operating system for the player; which can be updated using a Windows pc, Apple Mac or directly on the player using USB-drive/SD-card.

Oh my god I am such an idiot. I have been reading EngineOS thinking it was iOS this whole time…

Thanks everyone.

1 Like