Unable to download Firmware update for the SC2900's

Hiya people im having issues with certain tracks on my usb drive that always freeze on my sc2900, once i try and load them it gets stuck on memo checking, i have had someone suggest it might be to do with the kind of storage memory i am using for my tracks but still couldnt figure it out, i have came to the conclusion that it could be that i need to update the Firmware of the turntables but on the denon updates website i am unable to download the firmware i need. The download link shows up and i click it but nothing downloads, the most i get is a brief loading icon in the corner of my screen with nothing that follows.

If anyone has any knowledge on my memo checking issue or a working link to the firmware i need it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: thanks

Maybe Your system is blocking the download…?

Hey @baaa - You may want to contact our technical support team via www.denondj.com/support .They’ll be able to help locate the issue.

Yeah you were right , used my windows pc and the download worked fine

Hey thanks for your response, i was able to update my firmware but that didnt resolve the issue i was having with tracks not working. i tried to make an appeal through the. support page but i cant confirm my proof of purchase? tried to submit the model code from my players but it didnt work, maybe becuase theyre older?

Hey @baaa - Good to hear you got one problem solved. In regards to your tracks freezing, it could be your usb drive. Have you tried playing the same tracks from another drive?

Same problem!

The file name too long. The file name more than 64 character, unreadable.

I’m tested 2 mode:

Main player play 64< and 128> character filename.

Linked player only working <64 character filename.

The Engine waveform creating displayed warning message this long name files: Not readable!

Not FW problem. The maximum number of characters for filenames and directories is not described in detail in the user manual or FW infos.