UK Warranty Repair

Hi,

Does anyone know how long a warranty repair takes in the UK?

Sent my controller back for a Crossfader replacement over 2 weeks ago to the inmusic factory in Hampshire and still no word back.

Hopefully they have found a better quality replacement for these Crossfaders or can see this being returned frequently.

Thanks

My last one was 2 months. Best to have a backup unit on hand if you use it professionally, or even one if you don’t, something cheap and cheerful like a controller of some sort.

Yeah a couple of months unfortunately :cry:

2 months for a Crossfader replacement! Wow!!

Is that to put people off from returning their faulty kit? Or is it due to the backlog of repairs they have??

From everything I’m reading on the forums, really opening my eyes to buying Denon :cry:

It’s no different with any other company that produce DJ gear.

2 Likes

Exactly - the difference is that other manufacturers posts about faults and slow repairs have a habit of mysteriouslly disappearing from any online presence

X1800/x1850, Prime 2 and Prime 4/4+ crossfaders are user replaceable (even stated so in Denon DJ FAQ). Thank you Denon DJ! Sadly, Prime Go are not. There are demo videos on installing Innofaders. E.g.,

Considering the unacceptable downtime for such a simple warranty repair, I wonder if they’d just send a replacement Flexfader. Otherwise, it might be worth the expense to just buy an Innofader and do it yourself. I would assume since Denon DJ states it is user replaceable, it won’t void the warranty.

This is the bad thing about all-in-one. I wish more parts were plug-and-play such as the channel faders. I assume such a design might increases cost.

1 Like

The OP hasn’t actually said what unit they are using, perhaps it’s one of the SC-Live devices that don’t have an option to replace the crossfader at user level.

I’m guessing things like this have to be weighed up when considering a purchase, if you’re a heavy user of channel and cross faders, perhaps a higher end setup is more suitable? I personally aren’t so it’s fine with me not to need them replacing.

I have an SC Live 4.

I went with Denon as we have been brought up with Denon in our household throughout life. My Dad, now 75, has and swears by both Denon and Linn equipment. A true oldskool audiophile, so followed on in his footsteps.

Just feel slightly concerned I’m having to return a piece of kit from a well know and respected manufacturer to repair after a short period of time, with minimal use. And to hear I now need to wait a fairly substantial amount of time for my return, is pretty inconvenient.

Lets hope re. the message above regarding forum posts won’t happen, albeit a bit off topic haha.

As a side note to weighing up cost, I had budget Numark and Gemini mixers when I was growing up, with no issues. They cost around £100 back then… So if I’m paying £1100 for a Standalone unit in 2024, I would think the essential components, ie faders/Crossfader should have better longevity than I have so far experienced?

All the best lads, and thanks for the quick response.

Sorry, SC series were completely off my radar. What a shame. You should carefully research your consumer rights.

It depends on the usage really. Unfortunately in this day and age, £1200 is budget level DJ gear, especially for a standalone unit.

For the SC Live 4, you have to compare it to other 4 channel standalone devices and realise that perhaps you’ve paid the £1200 for features over being packed with robust components.

For comparison, I paid around £1200 for my Mastersounds DJ mixer, it’s got high end components but all it does is be an analogue 4 channel mixer with no channel EQs.

Denon and Denon DJ are in no way connected any more, so the quality of Denon audio equipment bears no resemblance to Denon DJ.

I’ve had my Prime 2 for coming up3 years now, it’s my main gig device and all the faders are still in perfect working order. But I don’t fader mash, I don’t scratch, I don’t use them heavily at all. If I did I don’t doubt they would need replacing, but then I’d have probably sourced alternative gear that allowed replacement if that was my style.

1 Like