UK release date

They = The reseller I presume.

That’s certainly a bummer. And I think you didn’t order too early.

Look, they probably got a date from a distributor, who was told months before when it should be available. Early on it became Q2. To pick the middle date of Q2 is reasonably safe. Resellers also look at each others web-shops and try to win your order by putting a slightly earlier date or a slightly lower price.

Don’t believe the “pay now and you’ll get one from the first shipment!” also, because when a big paying client wants the first 10 units, your order will certainly be set aside “sorry, we didn’t get enough units in stock”.

My only point is (and I even don’t pre-order and pay for a computer game) with these amounts of money I would really only put in a reservation (if possible) and perhaps a slight down-payment, showing goodwill.

Just got feedback from my dealer who had a call with inMusic (mother company of Denon, but I guess you all know that) today. Seems that due to COVID-19 the shipping date will be postponed once again. He told me I should not hope to get my SC6000s before end of August or even September timeframe :cry: At least they will supply me with two SC5000s free of charge until the SC6000s are available. What I really do not understand is why there is no official statement from Denon. It is just so sad that they do not tell us anything. Open and honest communication has alway been the best strategy.

Dude read the message from Airvince it’s not a surprise :expressionless:

My UK seller has said they won’t receive any SC600’s till the end of the year.

What I do not understand is what is the actual issue causing the delay, is it the units are not fully built (Laid Back Luke has had his for some time now), is it Denon wishes to ship with the new firmware installed (if so cool Denon wants it flagship device to be on point from the get go bless, but why can they not just say that?), it cannot simply be down to a shipping issue (it may be a factor) but not for all regions, it is disappointing and as much as I do want these players i may just leave it and stick with what i have, I know Denon wants to get the items shipped asap but from a customer point of view, its somewhat annoying when the p2 and go were shipped and there is still a massive question mark over the 6000s. The longer it takes to be shipped it means it will be a mad rush to get the items PAT tested so i can use them for gigs and like with any new gear you need time to practice with it which for me at least will be significantly reduced.

I understand that a lot of people are ■■■■■■ with the delays, but all the covid issues are a huge blow in electronics industry. I sell computer hardware and we have big problems with hardware supply right now. Have in mind that all those SC6000’s on hands of big stars are probably preproduction or advanced prototype players. One single component supply problem will delay the whole chain of production.

6 Likes

Where did you pre-order?

I can’t even get a replacement cymbal for a drum kit from in/music that has been broken since March, I’m have no doubts the electronics in the SC6Ks is much more sophisticated than in a ride cymbal!! There’ll have been limited numbers of staff in factories (if any at all, perhaps furloughed), which naturally would be inhibiting in timescales. How much automation is in the factory, or are the electronics hand soldered?

Imho this has nothing to do with hand soldering :smirk: The PCBs (printed circuit boards) inside are for sure made by machines. The systems themselves are assembled by hand I would assume. Nevertheless just imagine that one specific part is currently unavailable. Something that is specially made for the SC6000. Not an average cable or chip which you could easily get from 5 different vendors, no, something that has been engineered for the SC6000 only. If this is missing or e.g. the pre supplier has material issues and cannot provide the part the whole production will be stuck. I fully understand that and I am convinced everyone else would also understand this. But we are just guessing here as nobody tells us anything. So we will have to wait for Denon to finally be kind enough to talk to it‘s customers. We will most likely never ever get to know the real reason, we will just be presented with a delivery date somewhen later this year. A bit unfortunate for a company that claims to maintain good relation to it‘s customers. C‘mon Denon, what‘s the deal, tell us please? We will understand and then we will be patient and wait untill we can spend our money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wouldn’t be too hopeful of Denon announcing anything. They were still saying at the end of June they were hoping to ship Q2. If it is going to be another 3 to 6 months then i cannot see them admitting that. They would likely lose a lot of pre order sales if they did.

Well I think that is inevitable now based on what I have seen

Denon may want to consider offering a discount to those who have pre ordered and or who bought the bundle and only received the mixer thus far, they probs won’t do this but at least may show a willingness to maintain a good relationship with customers, the PR management needs addressing though

3 Likes

Thomann are currently saying on their site that they expect stock of the 6000 and 6000M “within about a week”.

MusicStore (another german retailer) stated June 21 yesterday, then changed it to Septermber 11 this morning, only to change it to June 31 around noon today.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today they went back to „7-9 weeks“ :cry:

Mojaxx has received his SC6000M - obviously he gets first dibs so he can review it for DJCity. I still take this as a positive sign they are starting to feed through…!

2 Likes

Several big names in the industry (L Luke, Luciano, David Morales and many others) have the units for some time. Looks like september is set for the masses. Fingers crossed.

Just seen his post . I would think they are part of a “bulk” delivery to the UK. It will be interesting to see if there is an “official announcement” from the Denon Product Manager on tomorrows webinar co hosted by DJkit :crossed_fingers:t2:

Unless I’m mistaking, Oliver Heldens played his Tomorrowland set on 4x SC6000. Think he’s a Denon ambassador and of course it’s a huge festival so they will have ways to get the best gear.

Hi all new to the forum and to Denon just waiting on the SC6000’s :slight_smile:

Anyway, I was in the DJKit webinar last night and they said the first batch (limited) by air will be 11th Aug in the UK. Then there should be good stock of the SC6000 towards the end of August when the container ships roll in.

Hope this is helpful and is news to at least some of you. I thought they would never arrive!

Thanks Denon for the webinar last night really helpful and informative, excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes