UK release date

Like I said above, my retailer (West End DJ), called Denon who said end of June / start of July. This is in the UK, so I expect other regions will be different. No doubt US will be earlier

I just spoke with someone at Denon DJ USA, they said expected ship date is mid July. It would be really nice if Denon DJ would give some details as to when these will ship. No matter what, I am getting these decks but it would be nice to know what the hold up is Covid, delayed parts? I sold my 5000s expecting that Guitar Center would ship these out in April. Guitar Center has literally changed their ship date on these 4 times since I pre-ordered these April. Now they are saying they will ship these out on Monday when i just called them but Denon DJ USA doesn’t even have these yet.

I’d love to get a statement on shipping dates, too. I have pre-ordered the SC6000s in January (when they were announced Q1). My retailer keeps pushing the delivery date (Mar 30, June 15, now daily changes).

I’m sure you guys want to sell them as badly as I want to buy them :slight_smile: Just give us something.

Just out of interest, as the 5000 and 6000 are the same almost apart from an extra inch of screen size and an internal SSD bay, what made you bypass a 5000 purchase all this time, then buy one or two (?) 6000?

I ordered two 6000s. I’m hoping for a jog wheel feel that is improved over the 5000s.

My order has just been pushed back until the 15th of August. They said their supplier changed the dates and said based on the Prime 4 launch, he wouldn’t be surpised it if moved again.

Noooooooooooo! :disappointed:

I caved in the end, I have Prime 4 arriving today. I currently don’t have anything, so the wait has been hard. I’m sure I’ll upgrade at some point, maybe with the next release. Good luck!

1 Like

You’ll love it - and of course you could connect the 6000s to it, should you ever want to play with 8 decks :grin:

1 Like

Fantastic console. You’ll love it

1 Like

This is becoming a real frustration now and like others have said if Denon just gave an indication to its customers and not relying on the retailers as a quick google search shows a major disparity between them (in the UK) having waited nearly three months and still no clarity is annoying especially when Denon was quick to be like look at the go and p2 neither of which I am interested in or want I don’t understand why Denon cannot just say we hope to have the items for shipping by end of august rather than leave everyone I in limbo or people pre ordering for retailers who claim to be getting it sooner than others.

Ehm, then your frustration is simply not valid. DenonDJ has announced from the start “we hope to ship the 6K’s in Q2”.

What we’ll get next here on the forum will be: “Hey, I’m frustrated, they said it would ship in Q2 and it’s July already”… :smirk:

1 Like

We hope to ship is not by any means a form of confirmation, my friend, which only re enforces the need to keep people posted especially when your wanting the better part of 3.5k,when Denon made their announcement this was prior to COVID 19 Denon has not expressed to my knowledge that COVID 19 has and or is playing a part in any delay based on the retailer I pre ordered from there is a delay as I was advised the 6000s would be ready by end of April this has not happened, May has been and gone no update from Denon but they have released their other products, we are now in June still no clarity so from a customer service point of view for me any way Denon has not been clear which is what is frustrating, the various retailer dates do not help but for me now until Denon posts the 6000s are now shipping I won’t believe any other sources

Read your own post again, please. You didn’t state “confirmation”, you said “indication”. You even said the same “we hope to” as DenonDJ did at NAMM.

At NAMM Prime2 and GO were announced to be shipped late Q1. The 6K’s in Q2.

What your retailer tells you, is up to them. Most of them don’t even try to check their info or don’t want to.

I was responding to the quote you had put ‘we hope…’ is not confirmation, i had used we hope in the context of an update since the product was announced which in short is my point Denon needs to update in relation to what is going on is the product still on track to be released as per the what was said at NAMM or not.

So with that cleared up I wait to hear from Denon,

Okay. Clear. Nothing has changed since:

Unfortunately.

I can’t even buy black decking stain, which I don’t imagine is overly complicated to make. To think that SC6Ks aren’t impacted by COVID is a nonsense.

Agree, I think the biggest complaint here is not the delay itself, but the lack of communication from Denon’s side on the expected delay.

Based on quick analysis, the prime 2/go have been announced end of Q1 and came early / mid Q2. So I expect the SC’s that have been announced early Q2 to come late Q2 or early Q3. Timeframe between early July and mid August. But this is my view and hope Denon would be kind enough to issue a statement around the expected delivery.

Some of us have invested around 3k USD/EUR or equivalent local currency, which is not a small amount of money. Given we bought 2, for 3/4 or including mixer obviously it’s more.

I prefer the kit they ship to actually have gone through proper QA and error free, so I don’t mind a delay. Please just give us an update about how COVID has affected the original timelines in the view they have now and in what timeframe we could expect a delivery on our investments.

1 Like

Exactly. Just tell us.

I really don’t get why people do that.

Personally, I would never pay for a pre-order. Perhaps some kind of a reservation fee to show some goodwill, but certainly not the full amount. What if your retailer goes bankrupt and closes the shop?

I’ll ask if there is any new news on the subject.

3 Likes