Type C for future controller

Maybe this has been thrown out there before, so sorry if it’s a repeat topic. But just wanted to throw out a suggestion. I feel like future controllers and players should eliminate the type B connection and adopt Type C. And alongside with that, controllers and mixers that have there own power source it should be super rad to have pass through charging.

Prime 2/4 and sc5000/6000 already have enough power on usb ports on the back to power up another controler, or even charge Your phone/tablet.

1 Like

Speed benefits I welcome, but I find the type-C connection a little too fragile for my taste.

4 Likes

Agreed. DJs aren’t the most delicate when it comes to equipment.

2 Likes

I still use Traktor & a Kontrol S4 for most of my gigs.

I only mention this as I’ve already made my rig USB-C friendly. …I have a USB-C dock in the flightcase under my controller, & one USB-C cable back to my Mac for both data & power.

I used the Plugable dock linked below on my build (found one at a good price). But if I did it again, I’d use the smaller Caldigit one on the 2nd link.

https://www.caldigit.com/usb-c-soho-dock/

1 Like

Usb C us too small to find. I have enough trouble when.i goto toilet. Unless denon are going to put loads of hair round the port so I could find it in dark???

1 Like

Usb c is Too fragile for on the road use

I think the issue comes down to longevity and plug rate. A type c connector requires 24 micro soldered connections to the board. USB3 B requires 12. The USB3 B connector is also larger, which makes protecting its mounted location from movement easier.

The majority of casual users are hard on their equipment. Unlike phones and small electronics which have a replacement period of 3-5 years, average DJ’s will keep their equipment for up to a decade or longer.

3 Likes