Two issues with loop function on SC6000

Hey there, my player has two weird malfunctions regarding the loops function.

1. When I’m in loop mode and press a pad, it sometimes goes straight into a 1/16 loop size at the first click. Sometimes it goes into that very small loop size on the second click. Sometimes it works just normal. It is the same issue for all the pads, so I guess it is not a hardware issue. Also it seems just to happen when Quantize is off.

2. In loop mode it happens, that I hit a pad and it is making a loop from the beginning of the track to the position I wanted to set the loop from. So the track basically starts from the beginning with a loop of the size where i pressed the pad before.

These two problems are really not nice when playing live, because it’s unpredictable. I made a video of the first issue.

Has anybody the same issues?

Can you please help me?

Cheers, Christian

There are two loop modes , free and blue I believe - in one of those modes the length of loop you get is determined by which pad you press -,hence the very tight/short loop you mention.

Thanks for your answer. I can’t find these two modes. Also there is different behavior without changing anything (as you can see in the video).

Press “loop” once for one mode

Press “loop” again for the other mod

Page 8 of the manual , item 29

2 Likes

Thanks, there it is. Seems to work in the green mode.

But the problem in my first post still exists (in the free mode). It was also there before the last major update.

I don’t think there’s anything in your first post that’s faulty - just working in the way that the auto loop mode and manual loop mode are supposed to work.

A lot of DJs use loops, one mode or the other, daily, nightly etc - if there was a bug with looping, they (in their thousands) would all have plastered the ether with bug reports.

Keep going through the manual for the methodology of each of the two loop modes (they are very very different)

If after lots of use, you still feel there’s an issue, with one of your decks/pads etc then catch it on video and post it up with a detailed description.

Hey Pasha, thanks for your help. I see your point and I’m also wondering because I couldn’t find anything like that on the internet. But my machine is definitely not working correctly.

In the video in my first post you can clearly see (and hear) that I press the loop pad just once and it goes instantly into a 1/16th loop, which should be technically not possible, because in free mode you have to define start and end of the loop separately. The second loop in the video is working like it should. The third loop is again jumping in that 1/16th loop, but this time when I want to define the end of the loop (at the second press of the pad). In general it doesn’t matter if smart loops is activated or not.

In addition to that malfunction, there is another thing I can reproduce (see the video in this post): I hit a pad (here: pad 7) to define the start point, after that I hit it another time to define the end point. You can see, that loop 7 (the color bar) is two steps long. But instead looping the defined part, it jumps in front of loop 7 and loops eight steps in front of it. This is the behavior I describe as my second malfunction in my first post.

Here is the video (no sound, but it’s not needed):

Also a picture of my settings (I barely haven’t altered anything from the basic settings):

I want to add again, that it is working a lot of the time correctly, but suddenly it freaks out again. Each pad is doing this. So I guess there might be something wrong in the electronics at a higher level of the pads.

Cheers, Christian

If you’re convinced then nothing is going to change that. I’d suggest getting the model sent back to the shop for replace/repair - depending on warranty etc

If the replacement does it the same way, then maybe it’s re-read manual time.

Certainly on auto loop mode the left most pad provides a 1/16th loop (or something very similar and small like that) with the loop lengths getting bigger if you press pad 2 or pad 4 or pad 8 etc (shortest loops on left most pads, longer and longer loops on right most pads )