Tracks are not analyzed when loading

Hi,

I recently switched from Pioneer to Denon and on my Prime 4+ Controller I want to keep the keys and cues from my Rekordbox library. But when I plug in my USB into my PC and I load my Rekordbox library in Engine DJ, then the audio is not analyzed. So I can not see where the buildup or breakdown is starting, except when I select the tracks and choose “Reanalyze”, but then I lose all my Keys and my adjusted beatgrids from Rekordbox. Is there a way to keep all information as it is but just analyze the audio of the tracks in Engine DJ? Also if I plug in my USB in the Controller itself, the visual representation of the whole track at the top of the screen is not there and everything is black.

Can someone please help me Thanks

My advice is to run the two libraries completely independently of each other. Trying to shoehorn Rekordbox analysed devices into Engine will be nothing but caveats.

You could purchase Lexicon for a month to make the switch and retain your data then just do them in each software separately after that.

I run Rekordbox, Serato and Engine concurrently with little issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply
But running both means I have to edit grids and set cues in both softwares, which is a huge amount of work
Is there any way to at least retain the grid/start of track and bpm information?
Or is it possible to access the engine dj database somehow so I can program my own solution to this? For example I recently wrote a Python script which sorts my rekordbox cues before I import the XML to engine dj

In your first post you said you switched from Pioneer to Denon. If that’s the case, you no longer need to use Rekordbox. Just do everything in Engine from now on.

Ideally you should not retain data such as keys from Rekordbox as that could result in mismatching. It’s advisable to just use one system for analysis, don’t mix and match.

Basically, if you’re switching, then switch. :smiley:

1 Like

I used both Rekordbox and engine and your wright, it’s a pain and a lot of work. With every update from RB and E there are the bugs like unalined grids and then some. I left RB complete and only use engine now. But only do analysing and set up playlists. The cues I set on my prime 4. Gives you a way to learn more about your prime and works flawless.

Welcome to the world of running dual systems… you can edit grids on the machine directly in engine so let it analyse then do it as you need when playing the tracks.

1 Like

Are you saying that when you plug a rekordbox usb to engine dj desktop that you don’t get the option to do a soft analysis?

Did you try with the main rekordbox library and not the stick?

Go to engine dj settings - have analysis enabled

Exit engine dj

Rename the computer drive engine library folder to something else

Now start engine dj and use the rekordbox import with the main XML

As far as I can remember, the first time I used Engine DJ I was also able to choose “Analyze Track” and not only Re-analyze, where the keys and bpm were not overwritten which also makes much sense for me.
Now I do not have this option (despite having Auto-Analysis enabled) and I already tried everything you can imagine, like deleting the Engine Library folder from my USB or renaming it, reimporting my whole library etc…
My intuition would be that when I add tracks to my Engine DJ library and I have Auto-Analysis enabled, then the audio should be analyzed but this is not the case and like I already mentioned I cannot see the song as a whole anymore no matter what I do :frowning:
It is also not analyzed when I load it on a deck on my controller. This makes my mixing really hard because I cannot see the audio structure anymore

I don’t think you’ve mentioned it yet - what format are your music files? Codec/bit rate/depth?

They are all mp3s with a bit rate of 320kbit/s What exactly is meant with Codec and depth? (never had to deal with that)

Standard stuff then. I was thinking maybe they were an unusual format.

@NoiseRiser any ideas? i believe you still maintain a rekordbox library.

As far as I read in the original post the waveforms were not showing after initial analysis - this looks already like some sort of issue in the sql maybe?

For rekordbox and engine dj - I keep separate libraries. I play totally different on Pioneer than on Denon, so even my hot cues on the same songs fall in different places. I keep it adapted for each system possibilities.

2 Likes

I played around with engine dj for a while now and I am absolutely ok with tracks having different keys etc…
The only thing which still bothers me is that my grid is completely off the first beat/drop for the majority of the tracks despite having every information needed already in rekordbox. I looked at the rekordbox XML file and the track start is saved for every track in my library (which results in a perfectly set grid when the bpm is analyzed correctly).
But I guess there is no way to transfer this data into engine dj after the analyzing process right? ( like for example cues from rekordbox)

Engine dj takes the rekordbox data on import.

I think I finally found the reason for my problems: probably my database was somehow corrupt. I deleted the local Engine DJ database from my PC and the one from my USB completely and reimported everything and it worked fine.
I finally also had the option to just analyze a track and not only re-analyze. Additionally I observed, that the rekordbox keys are kept and only the bpm are re-evaluated.
The initial problem was that I never knew that there is a second local database on the PC so I never deleted it before (only always on my USB).

Thanks to everyone for your patience

1 Like

The data base on the computer is your main - local data base. On usb - exported one.

2 Likes

I suggested this in my first reply

Ok apparently I did not understand what you meant at this point. I always tried with the one on the USB.
At least I know more now :grin:
Thanks