Track View problems SC Live 4

Since the last firmware update, I get quite a lot of issues with the track view display.

1. Scrolling around, I see constant blank entries until it pops in a few seconds later.
  2. Clicking the preview music button, sometimes the display locks up for several seconds until it eventually starts playing.

Here’s a video of 1. I’ll try and grab a video of 2nd issue.

Latest firmware. Sandisk 64GB USB 3 stick.

This looks like a data base error. Can You try to export the same tracks on a new usb stick?

I’ll give that a go tonight.

Both could be slow media - although InMusic do need to improve database search speeds and the “Updating” message staying onscreen for minutes sometimes - the database structure needs a fresh re-work. There’s no point in being able to apply all these touch fx and samples to tracks, if the track can’t be found in time.

3 Likes

Ok, I reformatted my USB stick, re-exported everything, and it seems much better. Scrolling around I don’t see blank entries, and the preview button works instant on everything I tried.

Thanks NoiseRiser

2 Likes

You’re welcome, and happy mixing!

1 Like

I don’t know if I was a bit premature saying it’s fixed. Seemed better the other day. Now today I still see track lines blank and popping in later. If you grab the scroll bar and move it down through hundreds of tracks, does anyone else see blank entries ? It’s like the rendering cant keep up with fast scrolling.

This depends on the info in the data base. Or another possibility - one or more tracks are corrupted / wrongly encoded. That could cause the slowdown in reading the library.

Wich format u use 4 ur USB? I read somwhere fat 32 works best, but i might be wrong.

I have a 32GB one that is Fat32, shows the same issue. My main was in 64GB exFat format.

It’s certainly better than before, but I thought all those lines to scroll through were previously populated before, now it seems to lag in filling them in if you scroll to fast.

All my tracks analyze fine. I might try and create a new smaller db and test that with less tracks.