Track Title & all Details (only on some) disappear when loaded ready to play

Hi I have an issue with only a few tracks and can’t find the cause of the problem. When I find the track in question on the player the text is all complete exactly as it was and should be on Engine DJ. But when I press enter to load the track the text is there for a second or two then disappears. The music file is there and plays but all the text gone.

I have tried going back and deleting all the tack info and starting again, by retyping all the info as new but still when I go to load it again the same thing happens again. It’s only happening with a hand full of tracks and they are from different sources and no matter what I do am unable to find the cause, and as I say it’s only a few I cant find a common connection some are my own Wave recordings and some from CDs.

Any thoughts on this. Keith

If they are .was files, are they showing filename or meta data?

Hi Mr Wilks

Thank you for your replies. I have my players set to show the file name then artist as that’s best for my use and it’s this that is disappearing.(only on a few as the majority are working fine). When they disappear they move to the top of the folder as blank entries but the tracks are there and play.

If I change my view on the players to file name they then show ok in the listing but as the file name not as I need them.

When I have gone back to the laptop and re-entered all the track details as they should be title, artist and so on it’s fine on the taptop no mater how many times I go into it but then when I plug the hard drive back into the player it’s still fine and showing as it should in the listings.

But the second I load one of these effected tracks on the player it shows on the screen as it should for about 2 seconds then disappears. Now if I reconnect my drive back to the laptop Engine program the details have disappeared there to, it’s happen on the player some how but it can’t be a fault with the player as only effecting a few track’s.

As I have said I can’t find a common connection between the effected tracks, some are my own digital copies that I have made from my vinyl collection but others are copies of CDs I have so at a loss, dead end what to do next.

Keith

1 Like

Hey Keith.

That’s interesting. What program do you use to add ID3 data to your files? I wonder if there is a tagging format that the best layers don’t like?

I’m going to take a theoretical guess here but maybe the players are reading the existing tag and then writing back to the database some tag info that is then corrupt.

Are the files mp3 or wav? If I remember correctly, Wav tags don’t have a common standard and can vary making tagging inconsistent. It would be great to get to the bottom of it though as it seems that the players can initially read the tag, only to then make an alteration to the database rendering the tag unreadable.

I think this should be opened as a bug report so the guys can look into it and help narrow down what is happening.

It sounds a pain though.

Hi MrWilks

To be honest not sure what format the data is done in but I can tell you it’s all on the Denon DJ Engine program. Yes around 80% of my tracks are Wav and yes I have had issues with the track details going wrong before but with other programs.

Normally when I have had the odd one that goes wrong in the past if I completely remove it and start again then it’s ok, as you say if not removed it may still be trying to read some old data. But in this case not so, there is one more thing that may be relevant but not sure some times after plugging my hard drive back into my laptop (from the SC6000) a message comes up that its been corrupted and I lose the whole collection in seconds (I do keep a back up file). This drive only plugs into either my laptop or the SC6000 there is no way it’s corrupted from an out side source as my wife works from home and we are very careful what we log-into.

I don’t want to take this up with Denon just now as I thought it’s only a minor software matter also I have some more serious issues with the equipment / software going on with them at present and they already cringe when my name comes up.

Keith

1 Like