Track selection bugs in Engine DJ playlists

Hi all,

although I know of the older topics “Reverting to top of collection every time I add to playlist” and “Playlist goes back to top”, I would like to bring your attention to two issues I have with track selection in playlists of Engine DJ that just seem to be bugs. However, it would be great if someone (or even InMusic support?!) could confirm that I am not the only one experiencing these annoying issues. I am using Windows 10, latest build.

Important: To reproduce the folloowing bug, you must not switch applications between the steps (e.g. to read the next step in your browser), i.e. Engine DJ has to stay active during all steps.

Here is the first one:

1. Select a playlist containing several tracks (>1, e.g. 10 tracks).
  2. Load a track of the selected playlist by double-clicking on a track, e.g. track 5.
  3. Start track 5 by clicking “Play”.
  4. During playback of track 5, press “Next track” (above the “Play/Pause” button). As expected, track 6 is loaded and starts to play instantly.
  5. Wait for 30sec during playback of track 6. After 30sec, the track selection jumps back to track 5.
  6. If you now press “Next track” again, track 5 is loaded and started - instead of track 7 which I would expect.

This is even more annoying, if you press “Next track” several times in step 4, e.g. 5 times to step to track 10. After 30sec without navigation, the selection always jumps back to the track that has been previously loaded by double-click, disallowing a normal “Next Track” workflow.

Here is another one:

1. Select a playlist containing several tracks (>1, e.g. 50 tracks).
  2. Load a track of the selected playlist by double-clicking on a track, e.g. track 5. DO NOT start the track by clicking “Play”.
  3. Scroll down the playlist and load a different track (e.g. track 20) - but now by drag-and-dropping it into the waveform area.
  4. Start the newly loaded track 20 by clicking “Play”.
  5. Wait for 30sec during playback of track 20. After 30sec, the track selection jumps back to track 5.

You can do it again: Just select another track by drag-and-drop and press “Play”. After 30sec, the track selection always jumps back to the track that has been previously loaded by double-click. If the track that has been previously loaded by double-click is in a different playlist, the “drag-and-drop-track” will “just” be deselected.

Thanks, Newsflash64

1 Like