Track analysis correct way

Sorry new engine user here Can anyone give me the simple brief answer to getting track analys correct or the easy way Uploading music ranging from85 to 180 and it seems like I can only analyse it up to 150 Then change the analysis range to the next one up and it then doesn’t go down to 85 I’m sorry I don’t have the exact figures here as I don’t have my laptop handy but it’s relevant to the choices that you select in the library section I have had a search on here and the dreaded internet but can’t seem to find a correct way or a simple way of doing it My only advantage is that I also have rekord box so effectively I can refer back to that but I’m very used to just uploading like 100 track to rekord box and it just doing its thing :person_shrugging: thanks guys

Yes unfortunately there is a range applied to the analysis, and currently there’s no way to avoid that restriction.

The range also applies to the cloud data from streamed tracks, so when someone analyses a playlist from e.g. Tidal, the data will not be visible to others unless they happen to have the same BPM range selected.

This means that for the cloud analysis data to be visible to all, the person analysing has to do it five times - once for each range.

Bit of a shame that the software developers didnt cotton on to the d and b common bpm s of 87 and 175 the analysis group of 88 to 175 is lottery 1 bpm out of range :joy: 87 is obviously half of 175 Obviously it’s kinda only relevant to one genre but surely this problem has been for a while , I’m now complaining as it is what it is , but hopefully someone who has figured out how to get round it on the engine software or the denon prime 4 will be along to assist me :joy:

1 Like

What I do is sort by genre or search by genre then analyse.

It’s unlikely that my hiphop is 180bpm.

Etc

Yea it’s just typically the half bpm drum and bass stuff is just out side the range group that the 175 stuff falls into :joy:

Yeah this gets me more times than I care to admit :laughing:

I use Mixed in Key. You can use a wider BPM range. But of course you have to then import to Serato, then import Engine dj from Serato. Its an option!

Yea well it looks like my easiest option is to continue using rekordbox first then pull into engine , but of a long way round it to be fair but needs must , the most annoying thing is I’m gonna have to do initial analysis on rekord box to correctly find bpm then transfer playlist to engine prime and re analyse, then from there create a usb stick to put in to a denon prime 4 :joy: The prime 4 is meant to analyse if you insert a rekordbox usb , but again same problem it’s not gonna do it correctly

You mean this Rekordbox?

2 Likes

I did some testing years ago if I remember correctly Traktor had better results without bpm range restriction

1 Like

I’ve just been reading up on Pioneer’s cloud analysis - is it any better than our system? Do they have the same BPM range restrictions?

I don’t think anyone is daft enough to pay for it, even the most ardent Pioneer fanboy lol.

It’s not a paid option.

I’ve just given it a try, as their claim is that it speeds up analysis, and I’d expect there to be a lot of users, so my fairly typical track collection should already have been analysed by other DJs (I would imagine).

Conclusion: Doesn’t seem to be any faster than previous times I’ve gone anywhere near Rekordbox. Meh.

1 Like

Ahhh ok, I assumed it would be bundled in with part of their pro cloud package thing.

Funny isn’t it, you mentioned this and Id completely forgotten about the crowd sourced streaming analysis that came out in 3.3.0… doesn’t seem to be many people talking about it does there.

One advantage of Pioneer’s service is that it works with all tracks, not just ones from streaming services.

I’d expected there to be quite a big difference in speed (if the data is available in the cloud) but it still seems to scan each track - and they only claim “up to 35%” speed benefit, which is not much.

1 Like

Almost all of my tracks are analyzed with half of the correct BPM - especially the EDM tracks. Really bad

Can you post screenshots of examples where half of your tracks are incorrect? So we can see what has gone wrong.

@Greppie you may just need to change the range.

Yea that basically the issue , every time you have to make an educated guess and probably change the range

Hopefully this can be addressed by Denon in a forthcoming update.

Algoriddim DJay Pro has a ‘none’ option by default now, and their Fluid Beatgrid™ system seems to cope pretty well (although the half/double problem still crops up).

2 Likes