Tidal track analysis workaround/workflow

As for now there is no feature for analyzing teacks in Tidal, the best way I came around is as follows:

• Create a master collection playlist on Tidal (phone, PC, web) where are all songs you want to analyze, hopefully Tidal has a feature to add playlists to other playlists

• Turn on Continue feature on your Prime device, this will allow tracks to be automatically loaded and played, but it repeats only the playlist where you started, that’s why a collection playlist is needed to be created as in step 1

• Set BPM range to 100%, this will double the time of tracks being played

• Two separate tracks can be played on two decks without same tracks being loaded onto the same decks, this also increases analyzing by double time What I mean is, on Deck 1 track 1 is loaded and played, then on Deck 2 load track 2, so the next track Deck 1 will load will be track 3 and on Deck 2 will be loaded track 4

• Press play on both decks and it will start playing tracks, thus analyzing them at the same time and automatically loading the next one

• Be sure to keep your wifi connected and leave it for the night If your library is too big and one night won’t be enough, no worries since you can the start again from the track which wasn’t yet analyzed and it will continue from there

By using such a workflow I was able to analyze 28 hour playlists in 7 hours, since BPM range set to 100% doubles down the time, and playing tracks on two decks also doubles down the time

Hope this helps for those who want to analyze their Tidal library, but loading manually every track is too time consuming

5 Likes

On Web (listen.tidal.com) open your Playlist → press the … More button → Hover add to playlist → Select the playlist where you want all tracks to be added.

Also nicely written workaround. Note that the data from analysis is stored in the connected library on the source and not on the device, so make sure you have connected and selected the correct source before switching to Tidal on the hardware.

1 Like

Yes, I too have adopted the trick of setting the deck to double speed (+100%) and CONTINUE mode. But I had never thought about the possibility of using multiple decks in parallel, a great idea. Also, I have the Prime 4, so I could analyze 4 tracks in parallel so I could reach x8 speed in the analysis of the tracks, if both 4 decks are playing at +100% speed. :handshake: :ok_hand: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! Nice addition about the device storage to the guide

I’m happy that you found something new about this workflow :slight_smile: Yes, second deck does work as a separate deck for analyzing and I was glad to find out that it works in that logic. On that case on 4 decks it should quadriple the analyzing time I think if it goes by the same logic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.