Tidal is so good

“Not too distant future” what does it mean? Are you a Denon member too? In the last weeks it seems there are in the forum a lot of users managed by Denon with differents nicknames… Just to know. Thank you.

One question though, can you prepare streaming audio(cue/loop/beatgrid/etc)?

Well on the fly like usb music engine OS needs to anylise first. Once anylised you can set loops, add cues and edit grid just like your djing from USB. If your playing a gig that and customer has given you a playlist you can prep before hand.

Lol. No my friend.

Most of the official Denon and InMusic staff will have that title in their profile or user name.

I’m a customer just like you.

1 Like

You can do it on the players.

The performance data eg Cues and Loops are stored in the attached USB.

The tracks are not

There was a photo of a beta with beatport link option posted here Streaming services on Prime 4

Ok, also when?

It’s all there in the thread, you just need to read.

Lovely. Looking forward to the update. Although I am stoked already as just got my prime 4 on Friday. Loads to learn and enjoy.

i don’t see any indicative date in the post.

And if you read the thread, you would know why - the 6th and 7th posts explain this. I’ll explain it once more for your benefit - Denon DJ does not give release dates of updates, however, as it was in beta testing when that screenshot was posted, it’s fairly safe to assume it will be in the next firmware update.

My speculation is that since we have already had the 1.5 software update for PC/Mac, the 1.5 update for the hardware won’t be more than a few weeks away. Note that this is speculation and not official.

4 Likes

So…just putting it out there, EP would have to support Streaming as well…so…you could prep before hand, just store metadata, sync/export to player and then stream using the metadata stored…(I find prep on the P4 itself somewhat less effective)

What if the BPM calculation is wrong when I analyze a track downloaded with Tidal? With the P4 it is not possible to modify the BPM, while I can easily modify the grid.

If I have the track on my PC, I can modify the BPM with Engine Prime, while when the track is only available on the P4, how can this be done?

If the BPM analysis fail to one of the tracks … You have to DJ like the old days, just with your ears. But most of the BPM´s work. So there is no problem.

1 Like

There is already a feature request to add this feature.

Whilst the new algorithm is spectacular it will get some wrong and also think about non quantized tracks

Hopefully they consider it for implementation

> Don’t forget to vote for it if you haven’t already

“Only amateurs are allowed in the beta program” :relieved:

Tidal is great, I am having trouble filtering for clean versions only of songs because it seems there are only unedited versions. I don’t want to play kidZ bop songs, just the edited originals. Is there a way to search for the clean songs?

Sorry for reviving an old thread but could you point me to the specific thread for the feature request? I’m having real trouble with Tidal tracks in the sense that the BPM is correct but exactly half-time. 174 becomes 87, 172 becomes 86 and so on.

Go to Engine Os settings change your bpm analysis range.

Thanks! I was looking for a setting like that under Settings but it was under User Profile :person_facepalming:

1 Like