Tidal gets a bit more DJ friendly

Just spotted this whilst browsing: ​TIDAL adds artist-curated playlists and DJ toolkits to platform - Tech - Mixmag

Tidal has announced it’s going to tailor some of its content to DJs - artist curated playlists, BPM specific catalogs, DJ toolkits and integrated DJ software (!).

9 Likes

A pleasant surprise, especially as this is the platform that pays out the artists the most out of all the streaming services.

@PKtheDJ I read the article in the link, but I did not understand if this new service is extra paid with respect to the Tidal subscription, or if it is included in the price. Also I did not understand if these playlists and toolkits already exist or if they will be inserted later. I tried to search on Tidal, but found nothing. :man_shrugging:

Not a new/additional charge. It’s included. I searched on Tidal and found all tools & curated playlist referenced in the article. It would be great if Tidal better organized the sight to direct you to the DJ-friendly content (i.e. category).

CORRECTION:

From a desktop you’ll find all the DJ-Friendly content via:

“EXPLORE” / “MOODS, ACTIVITIES, & EVENTS” / then select “FOR DJS”

BAM! There you’ll find everything from DJ Tools, Curated Playlist, and more.

2 Likes

Nice one, I’ll check it out later :sunglasses:

It’s not bad I suppose for a first attempt, but it’s a pity the BPM specific lists don’t actually show the BPM for each track. It would be nice if a BPM column was optionally available for DJs.

I know they get analysed on the Prime hardware but as Engine DJ can’t access Tidal etc. it’s just one of those niggles.

I do not find it. Could it be that for us poor Italians they don’t give it to us? :joy:

In desktop version, I have “Explore”, I click on it and in the window I get:

Then:

In the “MOOD” group I don’t have what you write. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

EDIT: I searched for “DJ Tools” and these are the results:

Are these playlists the ones we’re talking about?

For me, the For DJs link is under “Featured” at the top of the site. You may need to click the arrows to scroll to the next set of boxes.

Those are the DJ Tools.

From your web browser, the page URL is listen.tidal.com/view/pages/mood_djselector

My U.S. view:

Here’s EXPLORE (See “For DJs” under “Moods, Activities & Events”)

Here’s FOR DJS:

Thanks PK, with the link I can get the page and see the same things that @Mixlive showed, but I don’t have the “For DJs” button like it showed in his screenshot, but in “Genres” :thinking: :astonished:

This is what I see (after switching language to English (US)):

Finally I found it in “Genre” (as I have already written above). Thanks guys for your help. :+1:

1 Like