Tidal Beat Gridding

I’ve recently decided to get back into mixing after 10 years (I know it’s disgraceful) so I’m a completely newbie when it comes to beat gridding. On the Prime 4 I would like to use my Tidal playlists via wifi straight into the controller and I also have an MX500 hard drive i’ve just installed.

Is the only way to beat grid the Tidal tracks via the controller itself using the touch screen, and if I do this does that information save to the hard drive so that whenever I use the same track in my Tidal playlist it’s already analysed with the previous beat grid and cue point settings I applied? As in when I click the Edit Grid button to save my beat grid setting, is this then stored to the hard drive for future use of the track?

Are there any alternative ways to beat grid my Tidal tracks and save the settings?

Did you install it and does it work or does it not work? As in the other post you were having trouble getting it to work.

YES

YES

YES

No, for now. Until they also allow streaming tracks to be edited with Engine Prime (on PC).

1 Like

I order the USB adapter for the MX500 on Amazon it should arrive later today so I will report back on whether it works and o can format it, fingers crossed.

Great that’s answered all my questions regarding Tidal integration much appreciated!