Tidal and Engine for analyzing tracks

Okay this may have been talked about already but I haven’t found a clear cut answer…so I’m sorry if this is repetition but…

I have a good chunk of songs on a tidal playlist. However…I really don’t want to go one by one to analyze them by loading them onto my sc6000.

Maybe I’m blind but is there anyway to log into to Tidal through the Engine software on a laptop and analyze all the tracks I have? Or is there a better way to batch analyze songs?

I just like to have a big playlist to experiment on while using Tidal before I’m set on a song for a set to purchase it.

2 Likes

There are a lot of possible improvements that can be made to make the Tidal integration even better. This could be one. Others would be, offline availability, cross device/pc saved analysis, starring/like function integration, headphone preview.

1 Like

I’ve been asking for a long time for sort by bpm/key on tidal integration but hasn’t as yet happened. Was really hoping it would appear in 2.0 but alas… I’m beginning to think there are commercial reasons as to why they haven’t yet done it. It is possible as Algoriddim’s DJay has had it since day 1 of their Tidal integration.

2 Likes

I updated to 2.0 on my sc5000’s and have lost all the analysed data on my TIDAL playlists in doing so. AGAIN (he sobs). I must have a good 6-700 tracks now with no cue points, key (I like to mix mostly in key). And for some reason, when reanalysed in 2.0, the data is no longer being saved to my selected source drive at all (USB in this case). I love TIDAL as I can get a lot of the stuff I like on there, the sound is superior, and as you say its a great place to audition potential purchases. That said, I’m really thinking about leaving it now as its just a mare to organise and keep organised.

Anyway. Providing you’re not having the above issues, what I initially did to get everything analysed for key and so on was to whack the pitch up to 100%, select “continue” in settings, load a playlist to each of the 4 available decks and just let them play through at warp speed.

Indeed it would be fantastic to have integration with Engine - but I think that’s way off unfortunately

1 Like

What’s up @Moskear,

This has been a Feature Request for some time. To push it up the ladder please ‘LIKE’ it. :hearts:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/prime-os-or-engine-prime-download-analyze-entire-tidal-playlist/21325

2 Likes

Nice! :slight_smile: I liked it! Crossing fingers it happens soonish!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.