Tidal Analysis

Hello,

I created a playlist on Tidal. I spent the past 3 days on my Denon Prime Go playing each track, one-by-one, all 366 tracks and added cue points, loops, analyzed, etc. because to my knowledge, Engine DJ still hasn’t figured out workaround on how to analyze Tidal files in bulk. I turned on my Denon Prime Go and all the work I just did on all 366 tracks… GONE! I logged out of Tidal and logged back in and still… everything I did and time wasted… GONE! Is there a workaround on this? I’ve had my Prime Go for 2 years and I still haven’t been able to use it because of it’s issues. Can I still return my purchase? It’s been the biggest waste of $1,000.00 + on DJ equipment I’ve ever purchased. I contact your support and no assistance whatsoever.

Did you select a source so your prime go has somewhere to save all of that data you created about tracks?

Yes. I’ve had so many issues with this darn thing.

I had to buy a whole new 2TB drive in order for Engine to read my files. I had to also purchase a 512GB micro SD just for other folders to read… But even doing so and taking the time to move everything over manually, some files didn’t read and show up red on my Prime Go. I’ve done everything that the support staff has asked me to do. With the recent update, I can play songs some songs only when my laptop is connected to the Prime Go and it reads just fine. Once I plug the drives into the Prime Go… It’s red… Like ■■■?!

As for Tidal: All my playlists that I previously played on Tidal are analyzed and have cue points etc. I messed around with it some more after posting this, and turned it on again today and nothing saved.

I was so happy when this came out, but this is the biggest regret I’ve ever had with any DJ equipment.

So please any help would be appreciated, because I doubt they’ll take anything back after 2 years, even though nothing works.

Thanks!

tout les software de denon sont catastrophique!!

2 Likes

Absolutely agree!!

For your hardware to retain cues / loops / key / bpm info etc from analysis of tidal tracks, you need to first select a source drive, wether its internal SSD / External SSD / USB key etc and to always select that source before using Tidal again so that your info will show.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s what I did.

Sebastian from Denon told me to do that when I first got it. I do that every time, which is my 2TB one… But I honestly don’t how it all of sudden doesn’t register.

When you turn your Go on, it does it start up stuff, it then says ‘Load User Profile’ - I assume you are saying ‘yes’ before going on to select a source such as the SSD / USB Key… need to say Yes to load user profile each time it asks too

When I turn it on, it doesn’t ask me the user profile. After selecting wifi, it immediately asks me to select drive.

The cue points, etc are stored on a source drive

1 Like

I’m just gonna keep doing that until I sell this thing then thanks! Cus even though I select the same drive, it still doesn’t save.

I use Tidal and all I have is an SD card inserted in the front.

All my analysis saves so once I analyse a track it’s always stored via the SD card. It does it automatically. I’ve never lost analysed tracks so I’m not sure why this is not working for you. BPM, Key, cues, saved loops etc all there every time.

It seems to be a problem unique to your device. Maybe send it to Denon (inmusic) to have a look would be my advice. Maybe take every storage device out and just leave the SD card in and see if it saves? Try a couple of tracks as a start. Switch the unit off and then power on and see if the analysed tracks are saved. Also make sure the SD card isn’t switched to read only via the little tab on the side of the SD card. Quick note I don’t use a laptop so all my analysis is done on the device itself (Prime Go)

1 Like

Thank you! I bought one over the weekend and this actually helped. Thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.