This is a cool feature

Check this video out Login • Instagram

I never knew this was possible. Any use cases you would use this for?

I love Denon’s ease, but PIO’s feature set gives unlimited flexibility.

The “this” and “that” being referred to above is a hot cue bank, which allows tracks to be loaded to the cue buttons.

It’s actually not a new thing. It was possible with Denon kit in the past.

My old HS5500 players could have different tracks loaded to each hot start button, so I could potentially have a total of 12 tracks ready to go at any one time (Two players, two layers each. One track loaded to each deck, plus two more on the hot starts).

I’ve used it when doing birthday parties for example, having “Happy Birthday” ready to go without tying up a main deck - more like a jingle/drop player.

4 Likes

That’s dope. Any reason why they took that option out?

You’d have to ask them :slight_smile:

There’s less of a need when you have four decks. Those poor Pioneer users don’t have dual layers.

Yeah it’s very cool ! Somebody already have made a feature request yet ?

Its been labelled as more of a ‘hack’ than a feature hasn’t it… its definitely useful for people who want to incorporate short stabs or vocal hooks into their sets, not sure it has much use beyond that though, could get very messy with longer samples.

Mmmm lots of processor power gonna be needed. Could see the advantage of it though. Basicly its the same as the sample bank in serato

I thought that’s an old Pioneer feature, related to the only time the CDJ-2000 did sample rate conversion so there wouldn’t be rate change clicks if you switched rapidly between the tracks. The 5500 didn’t need to do SRC ever even with that feature because it only supported like 44.1 anyway.

On old cdj1000 You could assign 3 different hot cues to 3 different tracks and it loaded them instantly on hit from a regular cd.