The green bar above the time lapse on the SC6000s

Hi everyone

Does anyone know what the bar above the time lapse is for on the SC6000s, some times it’s green and moves and others does nothing. It appeared after one of the up dates, is this just a another gimmick / pretty light or does it do anything and more to the point do DJs actually require this, or is it just another waste of working memory . Maybe Denon should think more about the working speed and quality. - Keith

Hi

you can find the latest manual for the update on your machine here:

2 Likes

From the release notes about the last update:

• Phase Meter - The new dynamic Phase Meter provides high visibility of the deck’s beat offset from the lead deck. Phase Meter is available for all Engine DJ devices, and Media Players can switch between the Beat Keeper or the new Beat Phase Meter.

There is a video about it on the Engine DJ Official channel:

1 Like

No, it is pointless

Hi Stu-C I must confess I did have a quick look at this first but not knowing what it was called did not see it straight away so thought I would take the easy way out and ask. But thanks I know you always help others.

I have to ask as you are so helpful and always there do you work or have any connection with InMusic / Denon in anyway. - Keith

Hi Keith, certainly not, just trying to offer info and provide help where needed. I work for a large telecoms company in the U.K.

2 Likes

Hi Parysatis Thanks for that, the video was a great help but sad to say this is a waste and any DJ that listens to their mix would know if it’s still in sync or not, but thanks for the info. - Keith

Hi Indica

Your right it’s pointless, just another gimmick as I thought, it’s a shame Denon do not focus on what matters. - Keith

Hi Stu-C

Good to know that there people like yourself with Tech backgrounds willing to help the likes of myself. I just spent 3/4 weeks trying to get my OBS working as it did / should work so I could do my show on Mixcloud, my wife removed and put back OBS 3 times she updated drives and nothing solved the issue of no sound, it turned out to be the web-cam had a fault and it was killing all the sound on the laptop, anyway all sorted now. But once again that’s for your input nice to know you are out there with advice. - Keith

1 Like

Dear all,

this green bar is confusing me more than anything.

Faster, slower, push it forward, push it backward, this way or that way?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

At last I only watched the green bar and forgot to listen, lost the reference pitch and you may imagine about the result.

Stupid? —> Try again later

Enjoy the new year’S eve and party on

Brgds BeatMaster

Well ehm if the grid is correct, the bar won’t move, so…

3 Likes

In fairness it was a popular feature request if I recall, I dont use it and haven’t even noticed it really on the gigs ive done since the release of 3.3 but there are plenty of people out there who seem to want it.

I think Serato have something that does the same job, as do the other pieces of software so im guessing thats where it stems from.

Also I’ll add that it can be changed back to the original BeatKeeper 1-2-3-4 lights if needed.

1 Like

nope. serato’s own is way more useful as its independent of beatgrid. it uses the transient peaks rather than beatgrid, so even without beatgrids it works.

thats the one i pushed for in the feature request but we got this traktor style…which does the same as the old 4 blocks

1 Like

Sorry yeah I didn’t mean entirely the same, just that it has a feature that gives visual representation of aligned grids, which I’m guessing is what is being seen as a gimmick.

1 Like

I’d say this new meter is emulating Traktor. I tried it and didn’t prefer it to the original meter so I switched it back in settings and haven’t thought about it since.

Oh - you can put it back?

Only on media players.

cheers STU-C

1 Like

I like this new feature, it is helpful when you need/want it, but not stupidly big/obstrusive if you prefer to ignore it. The loop and jump icons took quite a lot of space anyway, now they utilized it better by simply adding the phase meter beneath. Absolutely fine for me.

And Yes, that 4-bar display mode is only avaiable for the SC players.

2 Likes