The following peripherals did not come online during boot

Hello,

All of a sudden, the left display is not working as it should (running 1.5.2 for a while with no issue).

I get the pulsating picture from booting, and after a short while I receive the dreaded “The following peripherals did not come online during boot” PRIME4 Left Display () message.

I tried upgrading to 1.6.0 beta, downgrading to 1.4.1, going back to 1.5.2, to no avail.

Oddly enough, when downgrading to 1.4.1, on the Main unit, mixer and right display would show progress bars.

The part between brackets was showing (something .38) before the downgrade attempts. Now it’s just empty brackets.

It looks like Left display is not detected anymore and lost its firmware.

the unit was brand new from june 2020. Is it dead already? is there a way to troubleshoot it further?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @angerized, welcome to the forum.

There are several similar cases mentioned on the forum. All end more or less the same. Contact DenonDJ Global Support or your retailer, as it seems more hardware related than software.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. making me a little nervous about repurchasing this after my refund is processed.

Any official statement from Denon about this?

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.

I will see with the reseller tomorrow.

But this worries me that hardware could be faulty to the point that only a return to Denon DJ can help, and no “fail safe mode/hard reset/firmware push” can help whatsoever.

I read somewhere that it could be related to a bad batch of Winbond ICs. Can Denon DJ communicate further on this problem, which seems to affect a lot of people?

I’m all praising Denon DJ for their awesome products, but I really do not like the lack of real communication regarding issues.

Hey guys . i have the same problem with my prime 4 since i tried to update it to the new software (1.5.2) nothing works anymore. I can only serve the screen. Hope someone can help me. I’ve already tried to reset to an older firmware, but that doesn’t work either. Thank you in advance for your help. sorry for my bad English. Support dont anwer.

as it often happens. :worried:

How did you send the new firmware to the console? With connection to a PC / MAC or via a USB stick?

Generally this message indicates that there is a hardware problem, so it will surely be sent to technical support. But you can also try to update the firmware via the USB stick which many times has proved to be a more effective method because it is not dependent on any operating system.

For what it’s worth, I got a brand new unit instead of the faulty one. The unit shipped with 1.5.1, or 1.5.2, I don’t recall. But it means it was a recent batch anyway.

It’s a bit scary, I just hope that this won’t happen again.

My Prime 4 's RHS LCD also has decided to stop working, Its displays a fantastic garbled array of rubbish pixels on powerup then disapears, I get the Hardware failed to load message as usual.

The big joke is Denon dont have any stock at the local DJ stores, they carry 1 unit as display but since last year August 2020 after i enquired to purchase a new unit, sorry no stock. So I purchased a 2nd hand unit 6 months old, So after logging a warranty claim with Denon I still have had zero response from them ?

Its a pity as the Prime 4 is actually a great unit when it works, I hope its only the LCD going to stop working, I can do without it for now, But who knows , maybe Denon Dj actually read this forum and do something about it…

Keep on DJ ing…

My LCD stopped during an event and so far I haven’t been able to get support from Denon DJ, I’m looking for an LCD in Brazil and I can’t find it at any reseller and they don’t ship to Brazil