Syncing from Dropbox back to Engine DJ (mac/PC)

Here is the scenario. I have synced my music from the mac app up to dropbox. Then I load dropbox on my prime 4. I find a track with an incorrect beat grid. I correct the problem on the prime 4. How do I get these changes back to my computer? When I go to sync on the mac app it’s greyed out. I even tried creating another playlist on the prime 4 but the mac app isn’t seeing the change. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I have discovered a work around. If you sync the mac app to a USB stick, plug that into the prime 4 make the adjustments, eject the stick and then plug the stick back into your computer and sync from the stick to the app (and then from the app to dropbox if you wish) you can keep everything in sync. I still would like a way to sync directly from dropbox back to the PC/Mac app.

Beat-grids aren’t saved in the actual audio-files, but to your Engine library. So yes, you put your media back into the computer and “sync back” the new details :blush: same for new hot-cues, loops etc.

I understand that but it would be nice if you could sync directly back from dropbox rather than needing to use a USB stick as an intermediary.

I can’t post an actual topic (seriously Denon… blocking your users like this is NOT a good user experience, have seen a number of users complain of this - easy fix. Fix it.).

So since I have no choice but to hijack a thread, here’s the issue:

Make changes on Sc6000s fixing the grid (EDJ slightly off - no big deal, easy fix on the hardware). Open EDJ after and go to sync. No option to sync these fixes from the hardwared to EDJ - greyed out in the app. Only option is to sync new songs from my laptop to my hardware, which in turn removes my changes. This can’t possibly be right.

I hope I’m doing something wrong. How do I sync the changes I made on the hardware to the software?

Edit, Im choosing the SSD from my 6000 which is where my changes are stored, same area where I’d choose Dropbox etc…i.e. the menu on the right of the sync screen. I select the SSD from that device and shows no changes even though there are dozens, possibly 100+