Sync Technique not working for Prime 4 Standalone

Hi, forgive me for the long explanation about to happen and if there is a solution, etc. So here is the scenario. I have two tracks, Track A and Track B. Track A is 150 BPM’s while Track B is 130 BPM’s. I am mixing in two different remixes of the same song. I press play and that is the Master Deck A 150 BPM’s. I then Hot Cue a section on Track B so when I hit it Play on Track B, they both are playing at 150 BPM’s. I use the crossfader for this method. Track B is now playing, Track A is playing but cannot be heard. I then want to move Track B back to 130 BPM’s, the original BPM’s for Track B. I cannot seem to do this. I still have 150 BPM’s of Track B and cannot get it to move to any other BPM’s. Is there a quick and simple solution to being able to manipulate the BPM’s on Track B? All while using the Sync Functions, BTW. I know I can do it by just moving the pitch fader, so I don’t need to have details on that. I am just learning different quick options that can make fast mixing. Is this a software issue or user error? Thank you for your time.

With sync off (at least I always turn it off), move the pitch fader to the position for 150 bpm for your currently playing 130 bpm track. The pitch fader will lock in and then let you adjust from there. This is by design so the center of the pitch fader is accurate for the track playing.

1 Like

@ChazB2022 Exactly what androphonic has said here applies. This is called “soft take-over”. Basically what is happening is because you used sync, the pitch fader of deck B is not in a position that matches the bpm of 150. So you now have to move the pitch fader to that position (look at the green arrows). Once you reach that position, the pitch fader will engage & start working as normal again. Then you can slow it back down.

I actually made a feature request pertaining to this ages ago. It hasn’t really got as much attention as I thought it would Lol!! Feel free to give a vote if you like the idea: https://community.enginedj.com/t/relative-pitch-fader-when-pressing-sync/16957/4