Sync Issue 1 (Stops you from mixing)

Sync Issue 1 (Stops you from mixing)

Both players are showing the Blue sync lead master light on at the same time (top right of the screen the one with the Green sync light next to it), there should only be one on at a time. You should also be able to choose what player is the lead player at any time but when it has this fault you cannot. Plus when one player stops the other becomes the lead automatically, this does not happen when it has this fault still both players stay as the lead one at the same time no matter what buttons you press. Also turning off the sync button or master makes no difference whatsoever.

The only way to clear this is to power everything down and start again as while this fault is present you cannot mix. I have only encountered this issue 4 times in six weeks and have done some in depth testing of my own to try and find what the trigger point is but so far no luck plus numerous emails (and a video of the fault) between myself and Denon’s support In-music but still no joy.

So if anyone knows what causes this PLEASE tell me also if you have experienced this please put it on this page and tell Denon’s in-music technical department. They say it’s what we should do as the forum is monitored.

Keith

1 Like

Why not? What prevents you from doing so?

1 Like

Hi PKthe DJ

Perhaps I should rephrase that, if you can mix naturally then yes you can still mix if like me you need some help with modern tech ,not to easy when info gets stuck.

Keith

1 Like

I find it extremely difficult to unsync tracks with the sc 6000. it should be as easy as pressing the sync button again to turn of sync and change the bpm tempo again.

Does showing and pressing the sync lead icon on the left side of the waveform make any difference to handing sync over to the other deck?

This is exactly how it works. Unless You have different sync button behavior set up in the preferences.

Oh really? That’s not the case for me. I have to press the button again and turn the speed fader all the way up or down, then the player changes the tempo.

That is normal - this is called Soft takeover. Arrows on the player will show You what direction to move the fader so it will be in the proper position for the current bpm value.

1 Like

No this is only a display.

Keith

Hi MrWilks

The Sync light over on the left that is over the wave form is only a display.

Keith

You can press this to change the lead if two tracks are running.

Press the one that isn’t lead and it and see if this changes the lead over. Hopefully it should.

Under normal operation, one will be blue and the other without colour.

EDIT:

It’s on page 43 a little further down from the sync settings.

Always show Sync Lead Button: This setting determines whether the Sync Lead button appears over the main waveforms in Performance View. You can tap this button to set the deck as the sync lead.

Hi Cedric HohI

NoiseRiser is correct but what I will add to what he has said already but with just a little more detail. You said you have have to push the pitch fader all the way up and down, that’s not the case what ever direction the arrow is lit up on the pitch fader move the pitch fader slowly in that direction and when you reach the speed that the tack is playing at the light will go out and you can then readjust the speed of the tack gradually. As NoiseRiser said soft take over.

Keith

3 Likes

Without it there would be a pitch jump when sync is disengaged and would be noticeable if it was a live deck.

Make sure you set up the sync disengage button to how you like it. You can set it up to use it with or without a shift + sync option.

Hi MrWilks

Opp’s I missed that partly as I don’t like this additional light over the wave form. I do turn it off in the settings but it come back on again on it’s own. Yes I have logged a fault and they are looking into it I even found out what triggers the fault for them.

Keith

No worries. It will always show a sync lead on the waveform under certain circumstances, even if the option is turned off.

Times you will see it even if it’s turned off are:

1. If your tracks have flexigrids.
  2. if you are using layers on a player (maybe using the LC6000 but I can’t confirm).

I’m unsure why you’re getting two blue sync leads together though.

EDIT: I just spotted your other thread.

Oh okay that makes sense. I will test it tomorrow when I am back in my studio. Thanks for your help

To add to above the two SC6000 where changed over and the new one’s still do the same thing but only about once every two weeks. It tends to happen within a short time of being turned on that both players become the lead player at the same time and the only way to clear it is to power at least one player down.

I purchased new link leads, tried the link via the mixer with one lead to each SC6000 and as I have it now one link direct between the two player and still the same. I have run so many tests to try and see the trigger point with no joy. At one point I thought it was a spike in the mains causing it, also another time thought it was when the wi-fi was turned on on the players. I have sent InMusic a video of the problem so they know what I have said is correct but still not resolved.

Keith

do you mind posting a link to the video

Are you using instant doubles ?

Is it always one particular player doing it… (if you move the decks regularly you may need to label them left/right or 1/2 etc- I’m wondering if there’s simply a sync button making contact when it’s not being pressed - in which case maybe one of the menu options relating to sync behaviour might lead (no pun intended) to a reason

Hi Pasha I am no longer a active DJ as they say after 14 years hung up my mic & headphones so these players are pretty much not moved. I have numbered them 1 & 2 so I know what one is what. When this first happened the place I purchased them from changed over one player as we thought it was one causing the problem. Not so, long story short the two players I have now are numbers 8 & 9 and still the same. I don’t have the video any more but when I did both the place I bought them and InMusic viewed it so know I was doing everything as I should and what I was saying was correct.

I have run so many tests to try and find the trigger you would not believe it, the only two things I have not ruled out is a my home electrics I.E. fridge turning on or the wi-fi being turned on on the players.

The last two time this fault has occurred I had only just turned it all on started to play one track loaded a second track to the other player, and at this point had not touched any of the sync or lead buttons and both players became the lead player and this should not happen. When one player stops the other becomes the lead or you can press the one that is not the lead and make it the lead player not both at the same time. And no mater what I press they both stay as lead until I power them down and restart.

Thanks Keith