Sync back to Engine DJ does not work anymore

Engine DJ 3.0, 48k tracks, windows 11
I have a gig tomorrow and spent the day preparing tracks (cues, loops)…and as expected another disaster happended: Now Enginge DJ is not syncing back the changes made on my P4 back to the Engine DJ Collection. This worked before!
…and of course Engine DJ overwrote all the track preparation work on my Prime4.
So yet another day wasted with Engine DJ…
I have recreated the complete database on my P4 (fdisk) to get back in sync with Engine DJ. Then on P4 changed track sequence in a playlist and created loops and cues.
Changes in the playlist are synced back to engine but Cues and Loops are dismissed. Sync manager always displays “No data to sync”…

2 Likes

hola tengo el mismo problema, una macbook pro OS catalina y una MCX8000, no actualiza la lista de serato a engine, el formato del disco es el Volumen APFS.

Same here, it’s kinda annoying. I usualy create a playlist in recordbox, then transfer it to engine. The transfer is usualy kinda buggy so i make little adjusments on The prime 4. So now it kinda blows that it doesn’t sync back to engine.

Hope it works soon again.

1 Like

Recordbox is for Pioneer. Simple.

1 Like

What’s so simple? The rekordbox playlist is transferd to engine OS. Then to The prime 4, made changes on the prime 4. Both the Prime and my laptop with engine OS are in the same WiFi netwerk so it should sync to Engine OS. But it doesn’t. Rekordbox is only used to prepair the initial mix because engine OS isn’t good for doing that.

2 Likes

I think you have to connect your device in computer mode in order to sync your changes back to Engine Desktop, it wont work over wifi. I usually sync back any ‘on device’ changes to Engine desktop before i add any new music. Using the sync manager.

The issue occurs even with P4 being connected in Computer Mode. I tried this…No success. Whats funny: You see “sync back to PC” highlighted for approx 5 Seconds, so Engine DJ is at least detecting some changes but the button then changes back to greyed out…

1 Like

Hmmm yeah that does sound strange. Are you using the supplied USB type B cable? not saying it matters but perhaps something to rule out?

Since 3.0 i formatted and re-installed my library on the drive too, just to be safe after the DB changes.

I have the same issue with my SC6000M’s. Sync’s back for history, but going the other way is a nightmare. You have to add any changes via the collection window as far as I can see. This makes the Sync Manager totally redundant if you have a Serato or other collection and have to import it twice.

1 Like

I have the same issue using the Mixstream Pro. Very Frustrating

1 Like

I have retested it with V3.1.1.: It seems to be fixed and is work fine again.