Sync appears to have stopped working

Ok tried Instant Double (nice feature by the way) and it starts being in time (quite tight phase) but then gradually moves out of sync (wider phase sound) - I’m guessing this should not be happening?

Nope. Seems like the unit still thinks the platter is moved.

I think this is something for hardware support or your retailer. @JWiLL?

Hi @SoundFish - Sorry to hear of the difficulty.

After removing the film, do both decks play fine without any audio interruption? Listen carefully to the audio stream (or record and visually review the waveform in a DAW) to see if there are any interruptions or breaks in the audio. I suspect that the platter on deck 2 is very briefly activating the platter touch message which might throw off sync.

What happens if you try to sync deck 1 or 2 with deck 4? Same result?

Also try to synchronize deck 1 with deck 3 ie the unit on the left which seems to work well. So we can understand if the problem is only in the sensitivity of the right jog, which detects as if you are touching the surface and therefore makes micro interruptions that lead to out of sync.

I’m going to try the rest with deck 4 against 1 and 3 and I haven’t yet tested 1 with 3. Hopefully that will show the issue is with deck 2.

I will also test if the audio cuts out during playing, I did actually notice this occur yesterday some times it was like stutter so will test again and listen for it.

By the way through my testing I haven’t touched the jog wheels apart from to cue the beginning of the track, then just hit start and sync instead of trying to push it in time.

I have same problem, same track loaded to 1 and 2 sync on, after 4-5 bars start sync button flashing and sound is phazing. After tap to sync button problem gone and it is back again after few bars. Brand new Prime 4 updated to 1.6 firmware.

I have the same problem as you describe with my brand new prime 4. I’ve tried the tips in this post, but still won’t work.

Try turn off Vinyl mode, its help me.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Seems to work :+1:

Hey I’m having the Same issue here, it’s odd, only happens on the right deck when deck 2 is selected. If I instant double on all 4 tracks then sync up decks 1&2 then deck 2 drifts out but if I sync 1&4 it’s fine so i don’t believe it can be a mechanical issue with the deck. Anyone found a solution? I’ve seen other threads on this issue but they all seem to have gone dead with no resolution.

Never do this!!!

■■■■■■■ idiot, the ground pin is there for a reason and if there’s an electrical issue at any point, removing the ground can and will kill you.

2 Likes

Or worse still, someone else in your family or venue won’t know that you’ve made a lead and everything plugged into it, a potential death trap and could sustain serious injury or death by your actions. Do not remove Earths from single or multi-way leads. It’s an accident, a prosecution or a death, waiting to happen.

If an idiot is an idiot, I’ll damn well call it as it is - and as a former lighting & sound engineer, I know a thing or two about electricity.

https://www.blogquail.com/never-cut-the-ground-pin/

Read it. Then Google some on your own. Idiotic “advice” that you spouted can cause death.

1 Like

Folks,

Please be respectful when sharing knowledge and remember our community guidelines FAQ - Official Denon DJ Forum. Don’t forget that there was a point in your life too before you learned about grounding safety.

Ironically, the problem of sync switching into tempo sync mode is likely due to the platters falsely triggering as a result of a bad ground or no ground at all.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with a new Prime 4 that I have had for about 1 month. I thought I was just having a REALLY hard time beatmatching!

I have confirmed that turning off Vinyl mode on deck 2 & 4 fixes the problem. I luckily am not a scratch DJ so its not a huge deal but unfortunate that there is yet another caveat with the system I need to be aware of.

Firmware 1.6.1 & 1.6.2. As suggested in this thread, I tried: Recalibrating Cleaning the platters Blue film I had already removed Upgrading firmware

If i run instant doubles on all 4 decks with sync on all 4 and vinyl mode off on the right decks, works fine. As soon as you turn vinyl mode on, deck goes out of sync within a few bars. You can then switch the right deck and same will happen.

The problem is with the JOGs detecting hand contact even if you are not. If calibration does not solve anything, many times it is a problem in the ground of your home electrical line. Or it can be a Prime 4 hardware defect. I know it’s a mangy problem to go and find out the problem with the ground.

Yes, it definitely is. If you watch closely you can see the jog wheel just barely change to white (touched) for a split second at random times when not touching it. If my home electrical line has a noisy ground or a problem, I would think that the left decks would do it too. Seems more likely a hardware problem with the right capactive wheel since its that one on everyone that has experienced it. I will try a different electrical circuit just for S&Gs cause Im curious!

You’re right: I didn’t read that the problem was only on the right deck (2 and 4). Then it can only be a hardware problem.

So, did this issue get resolved?

Did your unit have to be repaired or was it replaced completely?

Replaced completely.