Super confused by this rekordbox message on my SC Live 4

Ok, I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree, and new Denon DJ user here. Disclaimer aside, here’s my sitch. I have all my playlists on a SD Card. The SD Card is a permanent resident in my SC Live 4. Everything is golden, everyday I get to play on this awesome setup. I insert my friend’s rekordbox-prepared USB stick into the SC Live 4, and this message pops up. Before I press Yes, can I ask the experts here what is actually going to happen to: 1/ the metadata on my SD Card 2/ the data on the USB stick 3/ the SC Live 4 - if this is even a concern, since I understand this standalone doesn’t have internal (persistent) storage

Thanks a mil!

Press Yes

Nothing is going to happen to SD card

A database will be added to the rekordbox USB

3 Likes

Thank you @mufasa ! Just did and everything is in order as you said. But how come the SC Live didn’t load the track analysis from Rekordbox USB stick? Is there a way to do analysis on the SC for all the tracks on the stick in one go?

No.

But you could plug the stick into a laptop and run a quick analysis on it

Ya no laptops around for this… Sounds like my friends will have to prep their sticks in ED next time. Wonder if on-device analysis is a feature on the product roadmap. Would be a killer feature!

Whilst it does sound like a great idea…some cons I can easily think of would be a scenario when someone sticks a 10000 collection and the player has to run a bulk analysis

Even on powerful laptops it would take time

Due to the file restrictions from the Recordbox system its rather unlike one’d encounter very large collections.

2 Likes

Agree, that would be resource intensive on the device for such a large collection. But that might more of an edge case than the average use case. I wonder if this limitation also exists on the Prime 4?

This feature was requested years ago. And only has 35 votes? https://community.enginedj.com/t/batch-analyze-entire-drive-or-a-selection-of-files-at-once-engine-dj-os/36901

Its across board.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.