Stream Deck like MP3 player

Is there a device that would allow me load different mp3 clips and play them on demand by pressing a designated button. Sort of like Stream Deck allows ‘scenes’ to play with a programmed button. And YES I know stream deck plays sound clips. But Stream Deck sends the audio to the stream. I cannot hear that clip in studio. My chat members can hear it, but I cannot. I want to be able to play said clip and hear it as well because I’m also recording the stream audio separately. My Stream audio is going through my mixer into laptop out to stream. Stream Deck is connected to laptop, so thus I cannot hear the clips I’ve created in Stream Deck. I’m looking for a device that will allow me load MP3 files, or connect a USB drive to it, connect it to my mixer and play the clips through mixer. I hope I was able to convey what it is I am doing and what I would like to accomplish. Is there such an ‘animal’? And as always, I appreciate the input from the forum. Thanks

Seems to me that you need a sampler (or sample player at least).

You don’t mention your DJ hardware (presumably that’s what you’re doing?) or DJ software.

What are you using?

You’re referring to both Stream Deck hardware and the software as “Stream Deck” which is slightly confusing. It’s the software that plays the clips, so it should be possible to route the audio from that software into either your mixer (what is it?) or your DJ software (what is it?) or OBS (if you’re using that but not mentioned it).

2 Likes

Thanks for input. It seems I want clear enough in explaining my setup. Sound from sc6000m, and mic is being fed through Denon X1850 out to laptop in. OBS in laptop. Steam Deck hardware connected to same laptop. Stream Deck allows me to create/play sound clips. However there is no audio ‘out’ on laptop that would allow me to input that back into mixer. Which is why I was wondering about another external player (such as the sampler you suggest ed) that i could just hook up to one of the inputs on mixer. I hope this time I was able to better convey what I am trying to achieve.

There is an Akai sample player with pads on it that you can connect, can’t remember the exact name however.

Thanks for the 411 STU.

1 Like

I think it might be the MPC

MPCX8?

What kind of laptop has no audio output?! :man_shrugging: How about sending the audio from the Stream Deck software to the X1850 (via USB)?

1 Like

I didn’t specify that my laptop only has 1 input/output 3.5 mm jack. I’m currently using that to input audio from mixer for obs. As far as sending audio out of StreamDeck software to 1850 is something i wasn’t even aware I could do. Not to mention I’d have to figure out HTH to do that. But I’ll certainly look into it. Thanks again

You don’t need to use the 3.5mm jack to input audio from the mixer. The X1850 has a USB audio interface.

1 Like