Stems on sc live 4?

How to use steams in SC Live 4?

You can’t (yet).

4 Likes

Using Serato Pro or Virtual DJ (u need a laptop)

1 Like

Any idea if and when SC Live 4 will get stems support?

There’s no plans to implement stems on the SC live 4 at the moment.

Denon are concentrating on the Prime 4+ for beta testing but it seems to have gone a bit quiet on the stems forum.

Hopefully its released as an update to all units in the future but it looks a long way off, if its even possible.

It could be that the team (assuming it’s more than one person) working on stems is busy with the Akai MPC implementation, as it’s not only been announced, but they’ve given a date, and that date has recently been knocked back.

I’d imagine that once the MPC stems are running on the MPC side, they’ll resume on the Prime stuff. Just my guess.

Hopefully so.

It would be great if they do manage to squeeze decent on the fly stems out of the hardware, personally I think they may have to use some pre-analysis on the laptop software for higher quality and have a rougher version for hardware analysis.

I don’t see this as an issue, stems was probably never in the pipeline when the first prime units were released so the fact that they are trying to squeeze any extra out of the chipset is a real achievement, and all for free to the customer.

Its a shame the beta stems implementation was leaked for the prime 4+, I’m not sure the development team was ready to release it so early but I guess they had no choice once the cat was out of the bag.