Start of tracks missing / not analysing correctly continued

Sorry to repost but I really need help here. The forum doesn’t allow new users to post multiple replies. I’ve reach my limit for the day? So am having to start a new topic.

As previously mentioned the first beats on a lot of my tracks are missing. Also analysis of nearly every other track is off.

I’ve deleted my engine library, and reinstalled the software. I’ve exported my RB xml file and imported this time in the hope that it would fix the issue. But the problem is happening when Engine does the analysis. It actually seems worse via RB xml import.

It’s fine in Rekordbox. Everything is bang on grid.

Please see image attached. As it clearly shows one example. I shouldn’t have to edit the grid for my entire collection should I? Is this normal??? Someone please help. Hitting head against wall…

I’m also adding image’s previously posted of two examples of tracks with first beats cut off. This is happening throughout my entire collection.

I can’t remember if grids are converted like for like when rekordbox collections are used in Engine DJ.

@NoiseRiser any ideas?

Just curious did you enable beatgrid options in the XML settings in rekordbox.

What happens if you do a reananalyis on that track in Engine DJ. I’m referring to the Lange track. You may need to run reanalysis twice.

Its happening on every other track it seems,

I’ve used the re-analysis. And am doing it again now. Is it perhaps because I’m analysing my entire library? It’s not an issue on any other software I’ve used Rb and Serato over the years. I just exported my xml from Rb, how do enable beatgrid options in the xml settings? I’m not seeing that anywhere lates version of RB.

Thanks

These are my RB settings all defaults. It’s correct I believe.

Have to admit so far I’m not impressed with Engine. I shouldn’t have to go through my collection moving the beat grid and adjusting the bmp. Its 4/4 house techno and Trance music. It’s not like I’m analysing soul or funk lol…

That means it will be straight forward if all your tracks are dance music.

Pick a big BPM range, select all tracks, reanalyse.

Go for a bath or poop + shower, the reanalysis would be complete by the time you are done dressing up.

The only thing I’m not sure is if it gets overwritten again with subsequent rekordbox imports.

Best to confirm that.

I’ve done that multiple times now…

The software just isn’t as good at analysing as others it seems. I’ve noticed its happening on 90% of my tracks so far. The grid can also look spot on at the start on them and then be completely off throughout the track. Have never had this issue before…

I’m slowly going through and manual adjusting playlist at a time its taken over 2 hours just to do one list. I shouldn’t need to be doing this? There must be a reason why this is happening?

Btw I’m still finding multiple instances of the first kick drum or beat missing. If anyone has a solution to both issues please don’t hesitate to reply.

@mufasa

I’m taking your advice my friend and taking a break…

I moved from RB to engine a while ago now and my general experience has been that the engine analysis has been at least as good as RB. I initially imported across from RB and found similar with some grids being off where RB has rounded off the BPM in the transfer. There was, not sure if there still is, the issue with RB and engine taking different start points on the tracks.

In the end I just took everything into engine and started from scratch by removing the BPM from the meta data in bulk. Engine could then analyse without relying on any old RB written info.

1 Like

Hi, yeah I originally imported directly via drag n drop. I thought that maybe I wouldn’t need to analyse again if it had beat grid data from RB…

It’s not been a good experience for me software wise, No idea why. Seems to struggle with tracks that have a break beat and then drop into 4/4. Not ideal, guess I just need to go through and sort.

I believe you said you originally loaded the files directly (from Finder (Mac) or File Manager (PC)) and not via the Rekordbox XML. The latter is what I would have suggested to try. All the grids and cues should have ported over with the latter. So, you’ve checked those off.

The Beachball is missing the beginning of the first downbeat. That’s a big red flag. I’d right-click on it and “Remove from Collection.” BTW- if it is in the player you have to eject it otherwise it won’t offer the option to remove. Then drag the track in from Finder or File Manager. Is the start of the track still missing? I’m assuming it’s not missing when you play it in RB.

Audio files can have anomalies. A few AIFF I purchased recently beat gridded and played fine in Engine Desktop, but the SC6000 said the files were corrupt or unsupported. I ran them through X Lossless Decoder (XLD) and converted AIFF to AIFF and then they played fine.

It might be worth raising a ticket through the support channel so you can look at sending across a copy of the file to the support team so they can try it their end… if there is any kind of corruption/issue they will be able to pick up on it.

Thanks, yeah I have tried both ways of importing plus grabbing individual tracks. I also have multiple remixes of Beach Ball all have the same problem, It’s not a deal breaker very odd though. It just means I have compensate when mixing. There’s always just looking on beat port link also or re buying. At least I will recover lost artwork that way. Perhaps improved quality also. Some of these tunes have been on multiple drives for over 15 years or so now lol :joy:

That would be the final port of call. May well do if can’t get analysis right. Possibly worth just tidying up my favs in software anyway.

Id say raise one asap… ive spot checked through my library and cant find a single track that’s suffering from that issue so its gotta be some kind of bug that is causing it.

You cannot reply, is essence, to yourself. The point of a discussion forum is to get others to reply before responding again.

Furthermore, this is a community forum. We’ll help to the best of our abilities, I might add, but this is not a support channel with a priority system in place.

I’ve closed the other topic. :wink:

1 Like

Ok no worries, understand you want to protect the product from negativity. I’m not trashing the software. I was just seeking help in the software section on the forum from other users.

People have been really helpful. But obviously it’s disappointing to have the issues.

I couldn’t reply to guys trying to help me out because of limit on replies for new members, hence why I was frustrated.

Yes I may have replied to myself on occasion. But with the view of my steps being useful to anyone who has the same issues I’m having. I’m not alone with beat grid issues a quick browse on here would suggest it’s common. But the issue of missing part of the first beat appears to be something that’s unique to myself :joy:

I will probably do as Stu C suggest and raise a ticket. You can go ahead and close.

Thanks again all.

can you use wetransfer or something similar to ping that beachball track over so I can test it on my engine desktop for you? I understand if you’re not comfortable with that approach but happy to try and help out in that manner.

I’m NOT closing this topic, but you made a second topic about your issue, because the response wasn’t fast enough, I think? In any case, you should be able to edit your own post within a certain timeframe if you’d want to add something instead of self-replying.

As you see, there’s a lot of knowledge here. Some come from RekordBox, some Serato, some Traktor. I chose to rebuild from zero, but I can imagine that’s not always an option.

And we like negativity; it keeps us sharp. You’re not on the forum of Pioneer. :wink:

7 Likes

Sorry for big delay, I was in the air for half of the day today (went to help out our Dutch friend with some light installation errors 1200km away).

So to the point:

1. Bpm range.
  2. Import from xml file, not drag and drop…? What drag and drop gives, and what does import xml give?
  3. Are You able to sort out tracks that are the problem ones? Do they have anything unusual? Something in common for these tracks?
1 Like

Hi, @NoiseRiser

No problem thanks you for the reply.

BPM range; default 78-155 Auto and then re-analysed on a number of occasions.

Common features of tracks affected;

Older Trance classics and anything that has a breakbeat or non 4/4 section within any section of the track. Edit majorly affected any chill out tracks featuring a breakbeat.

Styles less effected house /melodic house / techno

Import methods tired;

Drag and drop at first, I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the program, deleted my engine library.

I then imported via Rekordbox XML. Both methods sadly have the same results. I can’t be sure if Rekordbox XML was worse or better than the original Drag and drop.

I hope this info is helpful.