Stands and desks

Did it come fully assembled or flatpak?

@TranceVoyageSessions is not looking to get anything not pre-assembled?

@TranceVoyageSessions you could check online for Smalljobs guys that you can pay to assemble your ikea furniture for you.

This is my diy

1 Like

For 2 SC6000’s and an x1850 stability is fine. 2x1210’s might be a bit more than it can handle. And yeah, space for cables in the back could be a bit more for longer mixers - it works for my x1850, but I wouldn’t mind a few extra cm of depth :blush:

1 Like

Flat packed, but only a standard screwdriver (or hexkey or so) is needed - it’s super easy to assemble - and I’m by no means handy… like… at all!

2 Likes

I also have a 4 x 4 predecessor to the Kallax called the Expedit

2 Likes

This is my set up using Ikea Kallax with extra leg support to take the weight

5 Likes

I put up a post showing some of my setups over the years. The first pic is using an Ikea hack desk with the 4x4 kallax bookshelf. I had to use the 4 inch legs for height. It was perfect as im 6’ 4.

The last 3 picks are using the Glorious desk. The last pic with the V10 mixer, i added the turntable stand fro glorious.

The Glorious desk i bought on reverb. It was free shipping at the time.

2 Likes

I had a custom desk made 10 years ago.

2 meters wide, 90-95 centimeters high and fits 1000 pieces of vinyl.

1 Like

Cheers @mufasa,

Certainly an option,

I am comfortable and have done a lot of flat packing! So anything like the Glorious stuff is fine. I was talking more about the DIY IKEA table top/ kitchen work top type builds. Where power tools and basic carpentry might be required.

Do you think Alan and Heath PX 5 or similar pioneer will fit with Neo XLRS? Would be a no brainier purchase for me if it didn’t have the panel raised on the back.

Hi @DaMelloOne, yeah I really like the glorious one. What are the stands you’re using for the Sc6000s please? I’m using my DDJ RX as a mixer for now. So definitely need something I can attach stands to. The modular mix Station is pretty pricey here in the uk though. It’s coming in at over £400. I’m thinking I should go for the glorious mix station 2 which is £180. And whatever the stands I can find to mount for the players.

I don’t know the dimensions of those, but if they’re just a few cm “shorter” than the x1850, then it should be alright :blush: I can take a picture from the top of the back when I get the chance - might give an idea of how much space is available :blush:

1 Like

Same as @mufasa

Purchased from IKEA with zero tools needed.

4 Likes

@KrisONeil that would be really helpful. I do really like the look of this one. It’s around £270, which means it’s within my budget. Also fits nice into space I have.

Nice little mix btw.

1 Like

@Revan Ok to post a link please? Will check it out.

Getting lots of ideas here. Thanks guys.

IKEA Trestle

There are links from the above page to various lengths of bench which can also be used with the trestles although to be fair you could use just about anything flat or whatever suits your decor/style.

I liked the trestles because I’m a short arse at 5’ 6" and as they are height adjustable it suited my needs.

I should probably be getting paid by IKEA at this stage, the chap who bought my SC5000Ms and X1800 phoned me the next day to get the information for the above LOL

1 Like

Thanks man :blush: and will do when I’m back at my office tomorrow.

Just a small tip for people making the DIY IKEA solution: use legs, even the short ones - you really want to have space for your feet not to CONSTANTLY hit the edge of the unit if it’s laying on the floor. Enables you to get closer and more above your gear.

2 Likes

Yeah as previously mentioned this is something I am going consider because I’m a bit of raver! Would get on my nerves constantly hitting a cabinet with my feet.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? It’s the Kallax with legs.

1 Like