Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 2)

I reached out to the Director of Engineering at inMusic, we’ll see if he gets back to me haha

3 Likes

does anyone tried to hack these ?
[14:36:00] [INFO] port: 34067 => TimeSynchronization [14:36:00] [INFO] port: 37943 => BeatInfo Thanks

Just wanted to let those following this thread know that I’ve been making nice progress with my “now playing” app efforts. Check out a sneak peak here:

You can find the documentation and a link to join the alpha program on the same web site.

3 Likes

Hey,some more good news…Myself and honusz, we just mangaged to crack BeatInfo on the Stage LinQ protocol…so it may be that guys will be relesing someting in sort time… anyway that s an update for now…if you interested you can check for more info on BeatInfo proof of concept · Discussion #12 · MarByteBeep/StageLinq · GitHub … Dzelionis

2 Likes

nice … when I have more spare time I will also try to sniff a bit at the protocol :wink:

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring for another “Now Playing” app. My app is called “Now Playing 2” and it’s in final beta testing (2.1.0-rc.1). I’ve been working on Now Playing for almost 2 years.

Specific Denon features with Now Playing 2:

• Works with two SC5000s using both A&B layers, Prime 4, and Prime Go.
  • It pulls album art and metadata from USB stick in your Denon DJ
  • Customizable mixing style modes. (Meaning: optionally consider your fader positions & play time to determine “currently playing” track)

Other features

• Mac + Windows
  • Auto-config for streamers using separate two computers (ie: no need to know hostnames)
  • Auto-detects other software (ProDJ-Link, Rekordbox, Traktor, Serato, etc.)
  • Beatport Link metadata support
  • 5 built in themes - customizable in the app
  • Album art from your media files (with fallback to Discogs)
  • Automatic track title cleaning (like removing Camelot keys, etc)
  • Playlist export (for uploading tracklists to things like 1001tracklists / mixcloud)
  • Twitch / Discord bot built-in
  • Create your own themes with just HTML.

Behind the scenes it’s using MarByteBeep’s Typescript library which is based off IceDream’s Go library. Shoutout to @mhite (who referenced my first Now Playing app in his app), Evan Perkhiser (friend of mine who wrote ProLink-Connect), and @erikrichardlarson who I was inspired by and fully respect his Unbox app (we possibly inspired each other).

Full disclosure: The “free” version of my app is 100% fully functional and ever expires. The “pro” version unlocks Twitch/Discord bots and the ability to edit the themes or create your own.

I’m a partnered Twitch streamer myself.

(ah, i can’t post links so the website is … nowplaying2 dot com)

2 Likes

Been using your V2 since around 0.15 and was the only one that worked for me. StageLinQ has a few quirks by falling asleep or being temperamental but I managed to get it working and enjoy using it.

Thanks for the help Triode over on Discord.

1 Like

Still working on improving StageLinq part of it. Little by little.

1 Like

This is exactly what I need, well just one SC5000, nothing more LOL

I’m using djctl, it does support SC players now

Works like charm and has amazing documentation (although not free).

2 Likes

Just to clarify.

It IS FREE. You don’t have to pay anything to use it. The free version doesn’t have any limitation except for customizing how the themes look.

For example: The ASOT theme is red, left justified, and uses the Helvetica font. If you want to change it from red to blue, change the font, or right justify it then you need the pro version. If you like red, no problem. Stick with the free version for as long as you want :slight_smile:

And finally, the subscription gives you the updates. If you stop your subscription, you can keep using the last pro version you had forever.

There’s a lot more info in the FAQ on the website. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw. So I sold the CDJ-2000NX2s today. Had to stream so I used the Prime Go. Already found at least 3 bugs today for Denon. Not sure why nobody else has reported them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I definitely know the cause of 2 of the bugs.

1. Album art carried over from one track to the other (which it shouldn’t)
  2. The timer logic is wrong. (The part that decides if a song is “live” or not)

The 3rd one (sleeping issue) might be tricky to uncover. :slight_smile:

Can you explain more? This is bug #3 i ran into myself today. Is it a problem with other Now Playing softwares? Resolume doesn’t have this issue, does it?

I think it was this thread that caught my attention. I think there is something in the API Part 1 thread somewhere too. I should have said ‘standby’ really!

1 Like

I am very impressed with the current state of development. Maybe a bit tricky to use for non tech user’s but work’s flawless.

1 Like

I am very impressed with the current state of development. Maybe a bit tricky to use for non tech user’s but work’s flawless.

Thank you! I appreciate the djctl compliment. I’m very excited to now support SC players.

@mhite @MrWilks Since fully committing to the Denon, I’ve been hammering to get this to work. The latest beta has loads of improvements:

I’d love some help testing it out with SC5000 and X1800 if people have those.

• Connects to Denon consistently (Prime Go, 2, 4, SC6000 tested)
  • Survive a rebooting the player by reconnecting as needed.
  • Handles four layers on Prime 4, two layers on Go/2/4/SC6000
  • Handles having multiple Denon devices on the network (ie: having two SC6000 + Prime Go at the same time)
  • Handles multiple USB sticks & if they also have the same name
  • Gets metadata from the DB
  • Gets full sized artwork from media files
  • Algorithm to determine what’s playing based on fader position when used with Prime GO/2/4 or X1850 mixer.
  • Avoids compatibility issues with Resolume and SoundSwitch running on a computer.

It should be pretty easy. Just load it up and the software should detect everything Denon by itself. All you might want to do is adjust the settings for your own DJ mixing style.

4 Likes

@TRIODE This sounds like an absolutely epic update. I’ll be all over this later!

Hi everyone! Amazing job at deciphering stagelinq. Not sure if it was asked before but I’m wondering if there is any hope for not just being able to parse messages but also to send such messages to other apps (e.g. SoundSwitch)? Something like a virtual deck / mixer

glad to see * Algorithm to determine what’s playing based on fader position when used with Prime GO/2/4 or X1850 mixer. hopefully i can ditch my custom go exe soon :smiley: