X1850 "Standby-Mode" - USB out?

The X1850 (FW 1.6 - latest hardware version) is connected via USB1 to my Windows (10/11) PC - however if i dont play anything on it it looks like it goes to somewhat "Standby-Mode" and this results that the mixer isnt sending any more signal to the PC even when you wake it up again.

Denon Control Panel says “connected”, but “not streaming”.

Is there any solution for that? I don t want to use “broadcast mode” since i play mostly “real” vinyl and DVS timecode.

Check the usb settings. Windows has a setting to shut down a usb connection if there is no data going - energy saving mode. You can find it in energy management section.

I notice this sometimes and I don’t think it’s related to the OS USB power settings, as I believe I previously disabled all energy saving measures. I did figure out a way once to get the mixer back by toggling sample rates and/or disabling/enabling the mixer’s outputs under Windows Sound instead of being required to reboot the computer and/or the X18xx mixer, but I don’t exactly remember what I did. It’s apparently possible to kick the combo out of that state, though. Then again, maybe each individual USB connection needs to have its own energy saving settings tweaked under Device Manager.

1 Like

Probably yes but it is a pita trying to work out which port is which. But disable power settings and sleep settings for all usb ports and see what happens… on windows its under device manager select each port at bottom and you will see power / sleep settings. Its NOT on the power schemes under power.

Thanks for all replies. I`ll try the USB power & sleep settings but to be honest i never had such a problem before regarding any USB powered device so this is a little strange.

I ll report back as soon as i tried!

Sorry for the late reply. I think i can confirm that switching/updating the output sample rate does wake it up and it goes back to “streaming”. @Reese maybe something for the Dev`s?

I’ve noticed I can “wake up” my Prime Go by moving anything like the faders. Specifically, with the Now Playing app, I move the faders while it’s trying to look for StageLinq and that seems to wake it up.

1 Like