SSD no longer recognised by Mac

Hi all. My internal SSD in my SC6000 has recently stopped being recognised by my Macbook. I’ve tried two different cables, two different USB adaptors and even two different Macs. Same issue - no external drive detected (yes - I am in computer mode, doing exactly the same as what has worked the many times before!). The drive works fine in the player and I can access and play any file - I just can’t connect it to the computer. I’m running the latest versions of Engine DJ and Engine OS. I’ve also tried re-installing the Engine OS but this makes no difference. (on one sync attempt it did seem to appear briefly but disappeared again before I could sync). Any ideas? The only other thing I can think of trying is taking the drive out and installing it in the other deck - but don’t really want to go that far unless I have to

Have you checked permissions ?

Not yet. How do I do that? I can’t see any relevant settings on the player menus and as it’s not being recognised by the computer not sure what I could adjust there

OK - Solved it (for now at least!). For some reason neither of the two blue USB cables that came with the players would work. An old black cable (i.e. without the extended part of the plug) worked fine though)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.