Splitted cue buttons on SC6000 to control layer A and B

I miss a function to activate or fire up the cue buttons on booth layers A/B at the same time. I like to make use of this in my mixes, for example if I have both tracks running I want to jump to the desired drop with the track on deck A and at the same time jump to the beginning or the end of a song with the track on deck B.

This function could be implemented with splitted cue points on the controller. For example, the first 4 of the 8 buttons could be used for layer A and the other 4 for layer B. To access all 8 cue points despite the splitting to 4 points, you could separate them to bank 1 and 2 with a button.

What would the unit do if there are more than 4 cue points for one of the tracks?

Also, when I’ve “needed” to do this, it’s only one button ( [Layer] ) needed to be pressed to give me all 8 cues of one layer.

Or, the LC6000 would give full layer control over the other layer 100% of the time, and is cheaper than a second full SC model

Perhaps a usb or midi option could be made to allow a foot switch to be connected to the SC6000 which could implement hands free later change …. Is there a remote start socket already on the SC6000 (?) back panel, which could be “re-directed” in a menu option, to activate later change instead of start/stop ?

I think a midi control option for the SC’s would be a great addition, allowing external units to be connected to map extra control, or even perhaps a phone/tablet interface.

The LC-6000 is the obvious choice but i guess not everyone has 500 quid laying around, although as an owner of one myself i think its an ultra useful and flexible device that can be used on a wide range of things.

1 Like

Would a option to link deck buttons/knobs/jogwheel to both layers at the same time do the same thing?

I think it would also align with the same feature also present on DJ software (serato/vdj/…)

I think a simple midi controller with touchpads or buttons would do the trick. This Controller could then be mapped to the cue points via the SC6000. Too bad my DDJ-XP2/XP1 is not supported or there is something comparable from Denon.

A simple and smal midi controller without a display and jog wheels werde great. Or just the option with the splitted cue buttons on the SC6000.

1 Like

Off-topic: Nice X-trax slipmats! Old friends of mine. One of them is 24mastering.com :smiley:

2 Likes

I never thought to use the sc6000s in that way before but now I have seen it it makes sense to me, not sure if denon will implement that but a nice idea

1 Like