Splitted cue buttons on SC6000 to control layer A and B and silent cue

Hi @ all,

Yesterday I bought an SC6000 to mix with 4 decks and to work with my constantly growing digital music files. I’m actually still from the vinyl era and have only used the DVS for my music so far. As DJ software I have used Rekordbox and Serato. Now I’m finally switching to a controller. I really like the SC6000 and I was able to familiarize myself with the features straight away. Since DVS and my DDJ-XP2, I’m used to working with the silent cue function. I now miss this on the SC6000 for my mixes.

Can this function be implemented somehow on this controller?

At the moment I use only one SC6000 and its two layers. Working with this beast and the stacked waveforms is a really great solution and is actually perfect for me. However, I would like to have the option of triggering a cue point on layer A when layer B is selected for example. With my XP2 and DVS this is possible without any problems.

Is there a hidden funktion for this? As workaround it could be possible to split the 8 cue buttons, so that the first 4 are for layer A and the other 4 for layer B.

What do you think about these functions do you even understand what I mean? Unfortunately my English is not the best.

Hi, i thought silent cue was designed for vinyl turntables using DVS because you can’t effectively quick start a track without using both hands?

Surely on a media player with a cue/play button its not really needed, as you can just press play to achieve the same thing? or the relevant hot cue you want to start from?

Hi STU-C,

Sure, I know about the play button :laughing:. I also think that’s probably what I have to get used to again now in order to simply start the songs at the appropriate point using the cue or start button. But the nice thing about the silent cue was that you could adjust the record to the speed of the other record and simply keep the fader on the mixer open to mix in the track at exactly the right position with the desired cue button. But I do miss the function with the split cue buttons for the individual layers. I like to make use of this in my mixes, for example if I have both tracks running I want to jump to the desired drop with the track on deck A and at the same time jump to the beginning or end of the song with the track on B. Then I work some with the filters and fade out the track accordingly.

1 Like

Raise the split cue buttons thing as a feature request, then people can vote on it. It’s a good idea.

1 Like