Special characters not recognized anymore - Tracks Becomes red

Hi There

In Engine OS 1.6.2 there was a fix improvement released by Denon , saying that there is a SYNC mgr issue fixed related to export issues for special characters, files with this à, è , é ç. and so on where not readable anymore once transferred to the P4 PLAYER . Indeed in 1.6.2 this is working, from version 2.0 till now 3.0 this fix is again not applied anymore and syncing with sync mgr makes all these tracks “unavailable” showing them on the player in red … As I am using Serato for managing my music and import from Serato I cannot drop my music folders with the file browser into Engine … straight on the drive … With this bug I cannot NOT upgrade to the latest version 3.0 and missing a lot of features , I am stuck at 1.6.2 who works OK with special characters … Can somebody help me out of this ? Or can Denon apply again that fix i.e. version 3.1 etc … Here in Belgium we use a lot of this characters and I suppose in other countries they will use different ones I cannot check and rename a thousand of tracks to bypass this … for using 3.0 OS … Thank for reacting& action Denon , you have GREAT product in hardware & the software is getting better , exept this small bugs … I put a screenshot from the fixed 1.6.1 sync mgr issue

Thank you !

I have also noted it happens recently too. Denon DJ are investigating the files I had so maybe they will be close to a fix.

Hi , Hopefully :crossed_fingers: cross fingers ! Is it allready long time or recently they are aware of this ? Krgds

1 Like

I think it’s strange… Because I’m french and I also have thousands of files with é or è, and get no errors with them. I’m on 3.0,engine and Os

I think its been narrowed down to libraries imported from other collections.

What’s your workflow?

1 Like

Serato DJ was the culprit for me.

1 Like

Dear All,

My workflow was as many years the same… Serato was before the p4 my dj software, because all in there is organized as it should be for me (folders) I decided to keep using it as managing my music library, from Serato I import my folders in Engine what never was an issue with version 1.6.x in Engine. Now with 3.0 where I started from scratch ( deleted old engine os and desktop app ) it was going wrong, in desktop os all the files where ok , once transferred to the hdw p4 there the files with the special characters appeared in red … the idea is now to drag and drop the folders to engine into the collection ssd on the p4 and skip the Serato import… maybe there is an issue with engine 3.0 and Serato import , a pity for me as I wanted the serato folders stay to be same way organized as in Engine …

1 Like

I still use Serato to feed Engine DJ but I don’t think I have any special characters file names.

Your findings also strongly suggests that this issue is linked to the Serato to Engine Library sync.

1 Like

I’ve had this open with Denon DJ for a while now and it’s been narrowed down to the Serato DJ import so hopefully a fix is due soon.

I feed my Serato DJ folder into Engine DJ too.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer…we see what Denon is doing with this … big issue !

1 Like