Soundswitch micro usb not working (no driver?)

Hi all. Finally got around to attempting to control some DMX lighting via the Soundswitch software and micro usb interface. Basically the software refuses to find the micro usb in hardware settings, whereas it shows up on my prime 4 when connected to it. Ive gone through the settings on my laptop, clicked on the soundswitch usb in devices, and it says that its driver needs updating, then cant find one, so its useless. Its a brand new Samsung i5 laptop, so id assume it could handle soundswitch? Literally i just want to autoscript a quick lightshow (all dmx fixture addresses have been set), or even just get the lights to do something, but they just remain dead.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What dmx controller do you use? Drivers usually available at the manufacturer’s site. And Soundswitch can work with only few dmx controller models Click

When you say ‘what controller’, are you referring to the Soundswitch software, Soundswitch micro usb interface or my Denon Prime 4? Im using it as advertised really, but finding it so far to be a bit of a disappointment. When i say ‘disappointment’ read ‘complete nightmare’.

I seem to have got the lights connected now via the micro usb and Soundswitch software, and have assigned a few dmx fixtures and autoscripted a couple of tracks. Am i on the understanding though, that this is now the only way to have the Prime 4 run lighting using its onboard lighting screen after pre-analyzing ALL music through Engine, and autoscripting EVERY SINGLE individual track beforehand? If so, this is ridiculous. Is there no way to just send fixture data to the Prime 4 via usb stick, and have it control the lights itself just like it manages to with Nanoleaf lighting panels? As a mobile dj, i simply dont have time to autoscript over 150gb of music tracks individually, which isnt exactly how Soundswitch has been marketed!

There is no need to script every track. This is where the autoloop function comes in

On top of the autoloops the overrides will work for more creativity or adjustments

2 Likes

So to use this feature, how do i start off in the first place? My fixtures are uploaded to the dmx map/channels on the soundswitch software. If i get a track that i have pre-analysed in Engine and drop it in as a new project, i can autoscript. Thats about where i am currently. If i then try and save that project, the file though is empty?

Why then if i copy that track with SS data to a usb stick and insert it in my Prime 4 plus SS micro usb interface (connected to my lights), does nothing happen. My P4 shows the interface as connected, but NONE of my fixtures show in the lighting fixture screen, or react to anything in terms of overrides etc?

Excuse my computer illiterate approach here, i just thought it was a bit more simple than what it actually is.

Cheers.

Sounds like the Soundswitch project needs to be exported to your drive. Here is a video that might help with getting things over to the Prime 4:

I use the 2nd method that is shown on 2.26 in that video myself (the method without Engine desktop).

1 Like

I was asking about dmx controller. Because Sound Switch can work with some of them, not only the “native” branded Sound Switch micro usb dmx controller. Addie linked you a useful tutorial, and there are more on the Sound Switch youtube channel about every aspect of this light system. And yes you have to configure your lightning devices from your laptop prior to connecting it to the Prime 4.

2 Likes

The phrase you need (if you’re referring to the dongle) is “DMX Interface” (or indeed dongle) not controller. Also, although the desktop software works with other interfaces, the Prime hardware does not - it has to be the SoundSwitch dongle, which he did actually mention in his post.

Correct @PKtheDJ
 Must be a Soundswitch dongle indeed for Engine Lightning on hardware, but not limited to 1 option. Could be either SoundSwitch Control One, Soundswitch Micro DMX or first generation Soundswitch DMX interface

And to complete: You will also need hardware with firmware version 2.0 or above, Soundswitch 2.4 or above, when used Engine DJ V2 or above and an active SoundSwitch Trial or Full License

1 Like

@señora

I liked the autoscripts, and not so much the autoloops, I have created the autoscripts of all my collection similar to yours, leaving the pc to work for only two hours one afternoon, it took and now I have them all ready
 you don’t have to either Spend time on it, as it does it by itself (dynamic presets the best for me)